Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Active Display Question

Just received my Maxx this week and so far I'm loving it!! Quick question though. Active display flashes on & off even when there's no notifications when its sitting idle on my coffee table at home or desk at work. Is this normal? I thought it was only suppose to display notifications when they arrive, or time when picked up/moved...

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: Active Display Question

Quote Originally Posted by staticK78 View Post
    Just received my Maxx this week and so far I'm loving it!! Quick question though. Active display flashes on & off even when there's no notifications when its sitting idle on my coffee table at home or desk at work. Is this normal? I thought it was only suppose to display notifications when they arrive, or time when picked up/moved...

That's the normal "breathing" behavior. It consumes hardly any electricity. It does stop when the phone is face down and, if you have the "sleep at night" feature enabled, during the night-time hours you specify.
    staticK78 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you!

I don't believe it should be "breathing" without any notification UNLESS it senses motion OR movement in front via the proximity sensor. If it is sitting on your desk it should not be simply breathing the time. How often does it do this?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

With no notifications, it will do it a couple times an hour. And that's with it sitting on my desk, coffee table, and/or night stand.

Doesn't seem worth it for it to only breathe the time a couple times per hour. I'm thinking something is causing it to "take those breaths". I am certain mine does not breath without a notification, movement, or proximity sensor detection.

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CNA

If you bump your desk it will trigger it.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Yes it will. The sensors are pretty sensitive on it. But I like it, don't have to touch my phone to get the time.

Posted via Android Central App