Wireless Charging issue

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I know the droid Maxx has wireless charging but I cannot get it to charge on my Qi charger. Both my Nokia windows phone & my note 3 worked just fine with my charger but I can't get my Maxx to charge. Please help!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
What kind of wireless charger are you using? I use one by Tylt that works great. I also have another one (can't remember manufacturer) sold at the Verizon store that works also

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The center point for charging is the Moto logo on the back, which is not the center of the back, but slightly higher than center (it's even with the middle of the volume buttons). Try placing the logo on the center of the charger, if you haven't tried that already. If you have a case on the phone, try removing it - it might be too thick to allow charging.

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes...I know about the charging point & no, no case. I don't like them. Will probably have to buy a new one...

Posted via the Android Central App

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd recommend the Itian A6 Qi charger (kind of a clone of the Tylt Vu. It's less expensive than the Tylt and less finicky about device placement. It must have larger coils, because I can charge a Nexus 7 in portrait mode on the Itian, but not in the Tylt.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
For the sake of testing, especially since there have been some stories where the wireless charging can be finicky (in general, not specifically on these phones), I would try a different charger to plug the wireless base into, and if you can find a friend with a Qi charger, try your phone on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech