Verizon Login killing my battery!

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So I upgraded my Maxx HD to the Droid Maxx and since day one, my battery life isn't getting me what my Maxx HD got before the Kit Kat update. It seems Verizon Login is absolutely demolishing my battery life. I've cleared it's cache, I've disabled the app and it still runs. Am I missing something or am I stuck?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yep, it shows up as the number 2 battery user. The app is disabled and still going. I just cleared the system cache and now I'm waiting for a full charge to see if I got rid of it.

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Can you take a screen shot of your battery draw and apps running. You might of missed something?

Posted via the Android Central App

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
That is an odd issue to have. I don't even know what Verizon Login does. I do know, that it isn't necessary for anything system related, not even My Verizon. I would say...disable some more apps, namely, Verizon bloat. See if this helps you: Droid Maxx App Disabling

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, the battery stats display screen does not reset until you do a full charge, and I am pretty sure that a disabled app (as opposed to an uninstalled app) that was used before it was disabled can still be listed in the stats until they are reset.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Seems like clearing system cache and disabling again took it away. Now just Phone Idle and WiFi are killing me.

Uncheck the option in the advanced WiFi settings "Scanning always available" That for some reason was giving me a problem even with my WiFi shut off. That will significantly reduce drain (So long as you shut off WiFi when you're not using it). It's a nice feature to have on, and I have in the past, but since the last update it started hammering my battery life. Can't have it all ;)

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I rarely ever shut off my Wi-Fi and don't have the problems talked about here. I hope the OP gets a solution that works for them

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey