Gas Buddy app not working

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Recently my Gas Buddy app has developed a problem. It won't load. It goes to an all white screen and then hangs there. I'd say it was last working about two weeks ago.

I am running 4.2.2 still. I have tried clearing data and the cache in the app. I have restarted my phone. I have uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it. Sometimes after clearing the cache and restarting it will work but only for that time. The next time I try to open it it won't load again.

I have not installed any new apps, just allowed updates of apps. Interestingly on my Nexus 7 tablet it works. The tablet is running 4.4.4.

I can't remember if Gas Buddy had a recent update or not.

Any advice?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay. I deleted the app once again. This time after I deleted it I rebooted the phone before reinstalling the app. This time the app opened but didn't want to connect to my network (odd). So I walked outside to get a 4g signal and it connected and took my logon. That was a couple of hours ago. Just checked again, so far so good. Now to see if it will last.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay I spoke too soon. This morning it isn't working again. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App and my XT1080M

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It works on my Maxx just fine, not sure what to tell you. The version of Gas Buddy is 4.2.6 and was updated last on 1 OCT.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I know it is a problem with my Maxx alone. Probably a conflict with another app. I just don't know how to troubleshoot it. I haven't installed anything new for quite a while.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to go back the the previous version and see if it is just a problem with the 1 Oct. update which was a couple of weeks ago? That would be 4.2.5.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
How would I go back?

I have found that once I get the app open (by clearing data and rebooting) it continues to work as long as I don't close it out completely.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You could try and contact the support for the app and see if they could send you the last version. I think I have it but not sure how I could get it to.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: After at least 3 weeks of Gas Buddy not working I decided to try the long process of elimination to see what app was the culprit. I decided to delete all of my games first and see what happened. I should note that I seldom play games on my phone so this wasn't a big deal. I had fifteen games installed. After uninstalling all of the games I tried Gas Buddy. It opened. Now I didn't get excited because it will usually open two or three times before the problem occurs. But it appears to be fixed. I have been opening Gas Buddy all morning and it opened every time! How lucky can a person be that the problem was in the first batch of apps that I uninstalled? And that I didn't have to uninstall any app that requires extensive configuration? Now you are probably wondering which game, short answer is I don't know for sure. Of all the games the ones that get the most regular updates is Angry Birds. I had five or six of them installed. The other games I don't remember any updates recently. I am going to put ONE Angry Bird game back on and see how things go but for now I am hopeful it is fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC