Good bye Maxx!

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I believe that's true for the Verizon version.

The X I picked up is T-Mobile Pure Edition. No problems doing both on it simultaneously.

That makes sense. I had read that the new X's had the same issue but on the T-Mo network it would work.

I may eat my words and but a Turbo for a test drive after all, the specs are so tempting. I still can't fathom why they'd cripple phones like this.
If it's any consolation this is supposed to be a non-issue after VoLTE is up and running on the phone. And there is a global edition coming which should run on the other networks like the X you got. I think it's going to be called the Moto MAXX.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I've moved on from my Maxx as well. Loved the Maxx and was looking forward to Turbo but my wallet started to tell me how silly I was for sticking with vzw. Did the math and found I can save about $3k over two years if I went to TMo. So after years of owning several Moto phones and more than 15 years with Moto I switched. Now rocking on LG G3. Have to say that I'm getting decent battery life, only fractionally less than Maxx, still more than enough to get me through a day.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The Maxx was the pinnacle of my cell experience thus far ... But all things end. I've noticed it lags some now, not any new apps, cleaned out ram etc ... Just wonder how long that 1G ram will hold up.

That said, there's so many Moto models, I'm definitely choosing either Turbo or N6

Posted via Android Central App

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is the Droid Turbo can't do simultaneous voice over data yet.

Also, somebody said it doesn't have a good 4G signal.