Not happy at all with 23.3.4 change to contact Favorites

lapoljo

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Droid Ultra

Compared to other problems I'm reading about, SO FAR, mine is relatively minor, but very irritating.

Issue is phone contacts, Favorites.

Prior to the update, I'd open my phone Favorites, tap a photo and zap, its dialing the default number I set for that contact.

NOW, tap a photo, and it brings up a second screen with their ALL their contact info, and I have to put on my glasses and FIND the damn number I want. REALLY?? R E A L L Y!?!? Some ***** thought this was an IMPROVEMENT?? If I want to email, text, or dial an alternate number, I'll go to the app, or open my contact list. TOTAL FAIL!!

And, NO, I don't want to voice dial.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't have 23.3.24 yet but the same thing happens when I touch a favorite. It brings me to the contact, doesn't dial automatically. Are you sure that it has something to do with the update?

lebem

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
This has always been the behavior I've experienced. I think that it ever behaved otherwise for you was a fluke or the result of some setting somewhere I've never noticed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
This has always been the behavior I've experienced. I think that it ever behaved otherwise for you was a fluke or the result of some setting somewhere I've never noticed.

Nope, it has always been that way with my phone lebem. It's really an annoyance now that it doesn't work that way.

BB_Brian

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I did a quick check of my device before I hit the upgrade button.

From favorites;
If I click the picture it takes me a quick look at the contact.

From favorites;
If I click the number to the right of the picture, it dials the default number

I thought this was always the behavior.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
.. I also was able to just tap my favorite and it dialed immediately before the update. Since, I have to tap the number after I tap the picture. Doesn't matter that much though. I do voice dial a lot.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how your phone's could do this. I tried before the OTA and it wouldn't dial when I touched a favorite.

You know that you can create home screen icons to do one touch calls of any contact and then put them in a home screen folder, right? Complaining about the loss of this feature on this forum unfortunately is going to do nothing to change it, so you may as well look for a workaround if you want this functionality.

anon(36225)

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree with OP. There was an option to always dial that number. When you checkmark that option, from then on it always dialed that number. It seems that option is gone.

gemery#CB

Banned
Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Correct.. So if the caller has multiple numbers now you have to choose the number you wish to call..

The checkbox to the favorite favorite number is no longer there

Posted via Android Central App

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly right. My favorites was perfect too until the update. Regardless of having a contact's number set to default, it now offers the other numbers to choose from for some stupid reason. Defeats its whole purpose of what it's for. Nice update. NOT!

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith