WiFi since the update

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Its horrible. It won't connect to anything more than three feet from the router. Anyone else notice WiFi finickiness?

Is it time for yet another full reset? Ugh.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed a wifi issue either.

I did have a battery problem, but I just restarted my phone and the battery seems to be much better.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I should clarify - when I say "reset" the router I meant RESTART it. That's where I'd start, too.

After that, I might look at channel interference from other routers in your area, but I tend to doubt that it's this, to be honest, especially if you don't have trouble with other devices. Maybe look at the advanced settings for wifi on the phone (settings / wifi, tap the overflow menu bottom right, advanced settings) and turn off avoid poor connections, turn wifi frequency band to 2.4 or 5 ghz only (depending on which one your router uses), and turn off wifi optimization. Maybe not all at once, but one at a time and see if one of those improves wifi for you.

One last thing to try - see if turning off Bluetooth helps. It would kind of suck if this were the case, but I've seen more than one report of people having issues with wifi and bt when both were turned on.

I apologize if you've tried all or any of these things already - just trying to go through the obvious troubleshooting steps...

RivertonPaul

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that certain apps will not load on wifi after the update. For example, Facebook has been very erratic on wifi. I have had to resort to using 4G or 3G to get data to load.

Posted via Android Central App

philly1622

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that certain apps will not load on wifi after the update. For example, Facebook has been very erratic on wifi. I have had to resort to using 4G or 3G to get data to load.

Posted via Android Central App
Facebook, twitter, instagram. Anything with photos or videos doesn't want to load or takes forever. Only in the apps though. If I go to Facebook through my browser it is perfectly fine. I don't get it but it's annoying.

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't use any of the above. It has gotten better over the last couple days. It will connect now, but its erratic and looses signal when other devices are solid. Before the update, it would hold on to my home WiFi about a block and a half away. Now its barely able to keep it in the next room.

I wish I had rooted this back when the stock ROM was good enough it didn't need root.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm