No counter for unread messages for text messages (Stock) and GMail..

jbrownup1

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
My Droid Maxx is not showing the number of unread messages on the message icon and the GMail icon. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find anything to fix this. I have run in safe mode with still the same problem. I cleared datat and cache on both badger app and message app and did an FDR. After the FDR, I got the counter to come back but then after turning off the phone and charging overnight, I won't come back up again. Thanks for any help in advance.

Jason

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue but shouldn't it work without having to install 3rd party software? Does anyone know how to resolve this without 3rd party "fixes"?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue but shouldn't it work without having to install 3rd party software?

Yep, but Motorola's badger service is (obviously) a little kludgy. As far as I know, the stock Android launcher designed by Google wasn't meant to use badges that way, so Motorola had to create a method.

Does anyone know how to resolve this without 3rd party "fixes"?

Nope. I'm sorry to say that it works for me, so I don't know how to fix what isn't broken for me. (I don't use the stock launcher anymore, as it often crashes when I use it, so I used Nova for a long time, and now I use the Google Now launcher.) I can live without badges myself.

Sorry, I know that wasn't all that helpful, but if badging is important to you, Nova Launcher does it well and reliably.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I don't want to have to down load third party apps for something so basic. I really Hope Google fixes this. I mean they are supposed to be the leader in this sort of thing.

Posted via Android Central App

It's not for Google to fix; it's for Motorola to fix.

Honestly, as I said, I don't have this problem. I suspect you have an issue with a third party app that you've installed that's causing this for you.

You bought a smartphone that can run third party apps. I'm not sure why you're reluctant to use one that will surely fix a problem for you. The only drawback is that the Droid command center widget (the "circles" widget) won't work with Nova. Everything else works better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR