Can't connect to 2.4 band wifi

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
All of the sudden today my Maxx can't connect to any 2.4 band WiFi hotshots. This includes my home and work routers. It can connect to 5.0 only. Any ideas? I cleared cache from recovery as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu, then Advanced, and see if you have an option for "Wi-Fi frequency band." If so, make sure it's set to Automatic, and not 5 GHz Only.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried that. It is set to automatic. I also tried 2.4 only and it does not work. It sees the networks but will not even try to connect.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
First, see what happens if you turn off the Bluetooth radio. They are both 2.4 GHz radios, so maybe there is a weird interference?

I don't think that what I'm about to describe is it, because I think that you are prompted about stored credentials problems, but maybe the stored credentials for them are wrong? You can try settings / wifi, tap the menu control bottom right, hit "manage networks", long-press on the ones giving you trouble, and hit "forget network". Again, I'm not so confident that this is causing your problem...

I guess the third to last thing to try is to put the phone into Airplane mode, turn on wifi manually, and see if you can manage a connection.

I'd say the second to last thing to try is to restart the phone in safe mode (long press power, as usual to shut down, but then long press "power off" until the safe mode dialog appears) to rule out a problem with an app.

I think you know what the last thing to try is... (FDR, of course.)

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I awoke today and 2.4 is being found! I tried everything yesterday to no avail. I almost went to Verizon to upgrade to a Turbo :)

Thanks for all the help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463