Echo with Bluetooth

comptechltd

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a Maxx 32gb with the latest software (KitKat) and am experiencing a weird issue. Just put a new bluetooth enabled radio in my truck and when my Maxx is paired with it everybody I talk to experiences a real bad echo. Everything they say is echoed back to them with about a 1/2 second delay. I have NO issues on my end. I hear everything fine. What is weird is when I paired my wifes S5 to the same radio there is NO echo at all for callers on the other end. I know some different brands of phones have different 'noise cancelling' or 'echo control' features but I can't find anything on the Maxx. I now know the problem is somehow related to my handset but aside from this it pairs and connects great. I also don't have issues with this phone and most other bluetooth devices.

Any ideas???

Steve

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is still under warranty, back everything up and ask for a replacement. If the replacement has the same issue, it's probably the design of the phone. (They might surprise you and know about the problem and have a fix for it.)

Otherwise, no ideas. Bluetooth profiles aren't completely standard, so pairs that don't work quite perfectly do happen. And phones with tiny problems, like an echo only when paired with a particular profile in a car radio, slip past quality control engineers. If they tested every single possible combination of everything on every phone, we might be seeing cameras in feature phones by now, but smartphones would be 50 years in the future.

comptechltd

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but not really what I wanted to hear....lol. This phone has been rock solid for me with absolutely zero complaints.....except for this. I was just hoping there was a software fix I wasn't aware of. Apparently the S5's have a setting for this.

Steve

Rumma

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but not really what I wanted to hear....lol. This phone has been rock solid for me with absolutely zero complaints.....except for this. I was just hoping there was a software fix I wasn't aware of. Apparently the S5's have a setting for this.

Steve

You might try uninstalling the BT app from the phone, and then reinstall it.

Rumma

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry. My Jawbone Era came with a mobile app that I can install and it unlocks a few more features. However, whenever I install it, my battery drains in a few hours. Just saying, if there is an app that came with the BT, you might uninstall it.

comptechltd

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Rumma,

Ahhhh...now I understand. No....there was no software for the bluetooth. I got one of the chinese android head units for my truck and really like it and the features. It is just the danged echo from my phone. As I said my wife's phone which is an S5 doesn't do it. The more I read about this the more it seems to be device combo specific. Some have it with different device/BT combos.....some don't. Aside from this my Maxx is so rock solid that I probably will just try to live with it. It's not worth screwing anything else up. I was just hoping there was something that somebody ran into that might help.

Steve