Update to 24.3.7 installing now, not part of soak test

steveg2112

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Just checked and new software available, installing now.

Can confirm, as stated in other threads, this is still 4.4.4

Last edited:

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes there are issues. But Motorola tries to put out quality and ensure it is correct first so it can be done quick. This went on my wife's phone and she saw no issues whatsoever. Nothing changed. Not a thing. She asked me if she was supposed to see something different. I said the fact she noticed nothing negative was certainly a positive. And then next thing you know, BLAM, public domain for all to download.

Basically the soak tests ARE good and you should do them, because there may be that time a serious issue happens and you can help. One of them for one of their devices (memory fuzzy right now, sure someone like doogald remembers) within the past year and a half did have issues and they quit and re-soaked later. But the fact they are released so quickly after they soak are, again, a result of Motorola doing things right to begin with.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The failed soak was for the kitkat update December 2013. Tragically, Verizon announced the update right as the soak went out, and there were many people who had their phones fail with no way to restore them without a warranty replacement. The update was pulled and re-released a fee weeks later, about a year ago now.

This is I think the third time that there has been a soak for a minor update that went live almost right away. (I still don't have it - I always get updates later than most.)

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
What is this update for or rather what did it fix? I'm not seeing anything different with this version compared with the last version.

Posted via Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
What is this update for or rather what did it fix? I'm not seeing anything different with this version compared with the last version.

Verizon's changelog says updates for advanced calling and stability updates. It's apparently a very minor update. Oddly, it still hasn't come to my phone yet...

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
If this update was for advanced calling and if that feature is on the Verizon website, why can't I add it to my phone?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If this update was for advanced calling and if that feature is on the Verizon website, why can't I add it to my phone?

Call Verizon, as advanced calling has been available for the Droids for a couple of months now. This was just a bug fix update. There are plenty of people who have been using it, if you scroll through the threads on this forum.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar