Droid Maxx Won't record Video

vandel212

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm having some issues with my phone. I have a Verizon Droid Maxx, with the 4.4.4 and the latest update for it. I noticed a while ago that when I to record video, it records for anywhere from 1 to 5 seconds then automatically stops recording. This could have been happening ever since I purchased the phone a couple months ago. The video that it actually records is fine, There is about 2GB of free space on it, so that isn't the issue, I tried a 3rd party app, and that did the exact same thing. I read that disabling touchless control fixes it, but I tried that, and it did not help. I restarted the phone many times, so now I'm out of ideas. Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to fix this issue?

Thank you.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, first place to look is the app Google settings, tap search & now, then voice, then OK Google detection, and turn all of those settings off if they are on - though that usually prevents the video camera from starting at all.

If it's not that, I suspect that you have another app that is using the microphone in the background. To rule out an app you can start the phone in safe mode (long press power to bring up the power off control, like normal, but long press power off until a dialog comes up saying that the phone will restart in safe mode) and verify whether video recording works. If so, it's one of the apps you've installed that is using the microphone or camera in the background so preventing the camera from working video properly.

If it's still not working in safe mode, the last thing to try is to do a factory data reset, which will erase everything on the phone, and see if video recording works then. If not, then it's probably time to call and ask for a warranty replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze