Droid MAXX Developer Edition seems to be in high demand...

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I really like my existing Droid Maxx and I haven't been impressed enough with the new Droid Turbo or Nexus 6 to think about getting a new phone.

The only thing my existing Droid Maxx doesn't have that I'd like is the ability to root it.

I've been looking for used Droid Maxx Developer Editions and found one on Ebay last week. I was convinced I was going to be an owner because the auction was at $193 with less than a minute to go. In the final 20 seconds of the auction the Maxx DE went from $193 to $316 and there were three separate bidders who entered "snipe" bids within the last five seconds of the auction.

I figured a used Maxx DE for $200 - $250 would have been a pretty decent deal but I didn't want to spend over $300. Maybe the market for the old Maxx DE is somewhat hot because Verizon doesn't offer DE phones anymore?

I've been watching Swappa too and have noticed that even non-DE Maxx phones carry a premium if they're rooted.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I was able to root my MAXX with Sunshine. Seems like I read it doesn't work if you're on the latest version or something, but if you haven't heard of it, look into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2