SOS Picture Recovery Possible?

Android_Gal

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I had my phone connected to my car charger yesterday when it suddenly shut off. After some basic troubleshooting, it looked like the car charger had a frayed cable and I think it might have sent and surge and bricked it? I know the Maxx doesn't have a removable SD card, but is there a way to open the phone up and get access to the internal storage?

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Research 'House of Moto'. It is a way to re-flash the system partition, with an option to leave the data partition untouched. It's a little involved, but take it step by step, all instructions are typically found within the thread and/or the program packet. If you can enter bootloader mode (from off, hold power while pressing volume up one second, then release volume up), yer set, and may recover...with a pure-clean sustenance install!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I know the Maxx doesn't have a removable SD card, but is there a way to open the phone up and get access to the internal storage?

To answer this question: no.

What happens if you long-press power for, say, a count of 15 seconds? Does the phone start up?

If you plug the phone into the stock cable do you see a white LED anywhere (I think it would be top left, iirc.) This shows that the phone is charging but lacks enough charge to power the display.

Android_Gal

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
What happens if you long-press power for, say, a count of 15 seconds? Does the phone start up?

If you plug the phone into the stock cable do you see a white LED anywhere (I think it would be top left, iirc.) This shows that the phone is charging but lacks enough charge to power the display.

It will not start up after a long count and no white or any LED that shows it is charging.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you left yet on the stock cable plugged in overnight? Sometimes it takes a little time for it to realize what's going on. It's possible that the battery got fried, and that is not terribly difficult to replace. If the phone itself got fried then you may not be able to recover anything at all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith