Slow performance

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Every so often, the phone slows down significantly. Applications like Facebook messenger take a minute to close down. What is most a problem is the Swype keyboard (or whatever keyboard the phone users as a default).

The keyboard is slow to respond when swyping letters. Most recently, the keyboard stopped working and I couldn't type anything or delete anything. I had to send my message as is with mistakes in it.

I have a similar experience with the keyboard if my fingers are damp. The keyboard will often get stuck on a letter.

Overall, the phone just seems to be running slow. Only about half the available memory is being used.

Posted via Android Central App

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I get that to. Get a cleaner and you can selectively clean the cache of 'bully' apps hogging memory, and old data in newly updated apps. I'm rooted, so if it really pisses me off, and I have the time, I'll wipe the dalvik and make everything load again.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I get that to. Get a cleaner and you can selectively clean the cache of 'bully' apps hogging memory, and old data in newly updated apps. I'm rooted, so if it really pisses me off, and I have the time, I'll wipe the dalvik and make everything load again.

I stopped by a Verizon store recently to get the phone performance issue checked out. The suggestion provided was to just restart the phone.

Is there any cleaner app that will work for non root?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Cache cleaners are unnecessary and counterproductive. Cache files are there for a reason. And if deleted they just repopulate anyway. All the deleting/repopulating just wastes CPU cycles and power.

I never give cache files a thought. I only empty a cache if an app is having problems which means very, very rarely.

Skip the cache cleaners.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

azmlii

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
This is also happening to my Droid MAXX. It becomes unresponsive, apps keep crashing, and it even restarted on it's own this weekend. It started a month ago.

I've reset the phone twice with no improvement. I've uninstalled and disabled unneeded apps.

I stopped in the Verizon Store and they suggested I do an Early Edge upgrade to a Droid Turbo, which didn't appeal to me if this phone is having issues.

I've had the phone 18 months.

Posted via the Android Central App

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I've gotten this when I have the Facebook app on my phone. When I uninstalled it, it started acting normally.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
This is also happening to my Droid MAXX. It becomes unresponsive, apps keep crashing, and it even restarted on it's own this weekend. It started a month ago.

I've reset the phone twice with no improvement. I've uninstalled and disabled unneeded apps.

I stopped in the Verizon Store and they suggested I do an Early Edge upgrade to a Droid Turbo, which didn't appeal to me if this phone is having issues.

I've had the phone 18 months.

Posted via the Android Central App
Right on cue with the upgrade cycle, mine is doing the same thing. I'm convinced that Verizon purposely does this to our phones to encourage upgrades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair