Sound issues

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
There seems to be a problem with the system sound. Lately, the sound has been muting on its own. The volume control is all the way up, but yet things like a new messenger notification no longer make their standard 'ding.' Now it's silent, or if I'm holding the phone there is a vibration. If I turn the phone off and back on the sound is fully restored, but only temporarily. I've already had this happen once, and I turned the phone off and back on. The sound has now gone out again

Posted via Android Central App

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have not changed any sound settings. It literary works fine one day and then the next, there is no sound - and nothing was changed.

Edit: even the sound for the screen lock and unlock is not audible, and I know the box is checked for screen lock and unlock sound.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Settings / sound / volumes. What is the notification volume set to?

I've seen this once or twice. It's always settled by long-pressing power and then using the icons at the bottom to toggle sound off then on (the left icon then the right.) Assuming, of course, the notification volume is where it should be...

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Notification volume is all the way up. Of course restarting the phone also restores the volume, but since this is the second time this has happened, something is randomly disabling the sound.

BlueCollarGuy

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, Yesterday I was having problems with my land line. Called my cell phone from it and the coll phone did not ring but vibrated, and the volume when I answered it was low as it could go. Checked the volume and it was Maxed out. A few minutes later when I called my phone again it worked just fine. Nothing was done or touched from the time I was at work and came home.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if an app in the background is keeping the sound from playing in some cases? It shouldn't happen, but it sounds like the only reasonable explanation.

Or it's a bug.

sailor280

May 9, 2015
Visit site
You folks seem to be lucky. My sound is gone and nothing restarts it. Tried everything suggested here and in other forums. Did factory reset. Works with head phones and Bluetooth rings in my car but as a stand alone phone it is worthless to me now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34