Still no Lollipop?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully Verizon is heading straight to 5.1 since it's taking so long for the MAXX to get Lollipop.

Posted via Android Central App

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Sandman please don't take offense. People kill me when it comes to updates. They think the newest OS is somehow going to transform their phone in some magical way when most times there are a few improvements but mostly complaints about how their phones are messed up.
If the phone is lacking in essential functions maybe I would understand. But the Maxx has been a work horse for me and if the new OS doesn't come I would not be upset.
Most of the time the only people who even know or care about an upgrade coming are us techy that keep up with it and want the latest.
Sorry. My rant us over. I hope it comes to the Maxx with as little problems as possible

JMHO

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
No offense taken. I am experiencing some problems with KK on the MAXX that I hope are corrected in Lollipop. Specifically, the Contacts app force closes nearly every time I get a call. Also, one of the apps I use for work has some strange behavior under ART in KK, but is supposed to work fine in ART for LP. Another app that connects to my cardio machine has the same issues with ART on KK. So, I have some very specific reasons for wanting LP.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
No offense taken. I am experiencing some problems with KK on the MAXX that I hope are corrected in Lollipop. Specifically, the Contacts app force closes nearly every time I get a call.

That, I am almost 100% sure, has been a recent bug in the google+ app. It was just recently updated - a couple of days ago - and I haven't seen the contacts error since. Prior to the I had logged out of the G+ app and that had also prevented the error. I bet you won't see it much.

Also, one of the apps I use for work has some strange behavior under ART in KK, but is supposed to work fine in ART for LP. Another app that connects to my cardio machine has the same issues with ART on KK. So, I have some very specific reasons for wanting LP.

No offense, but ART is experimental on KitKat. Switch back to Dalvik!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I just got a call and contacts crashed again. All my apps are up to date.

Open Google+, tap menu top right, settings, tap menu top right again, tap about Google+. Is the version 5.3.0.91034052?

That's the recent update I received that stopped the contacts crash when I receive calls... Google rolls out updates to their apps in the play store. Not everyone gets them at the same time.

If you don't actually use Google+, you can try disabling the app to see if that stops the contacts crash.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
i have the that version G+ and when I try and open my contacts it crashes ( not all the time but most of the time), sometimes it takes 6-8 tries to get it to stay open, I am hopefully it will resolve with a system update or app update.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Open Google+, tap menu top right, settings, tap menu top right again, tap about Google+. Is the version 5.3.0.91034052?

That's the recent update I received that stopped the contacts crash when I receive calls... Google rolls out updates to their apps in the play store. Not everyone gets them at the same time.

If you don't actually use Google+, you can try disabling the app to see if that stops the contacts crash.

Yes that's my version. Contacts still crashes all the time.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes that's my version. Contacts still crashes all the time.

Ever since I logged out of google+ and then logged back in I haven't had a contacts crash.

In g+, menu control top right, settings, tap your google account, then logout. Then start the app again and have it login. Hopefully that works for you, too.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Contacts crashing for me also...G+ logout/login hasn't done a thing for me. Def just started happening within the past couple of weeks.

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I am happy we haven't received lollipop. So all I see is complaining about the problems. I have no problem using my phone with kit kat

JMHO

Savvra

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I suspect we're going to jump to 5.1 which is why it's taking longer. I personally don't mind waiting and missing the bugs in 5.0 but hopefully not till I upgrade phones in August.

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
In all honesty since the Moto X is finally getting a roll out on Lollipop in some areas, I'd say it's only a matter of time before we get it considering it's the same exact phone except for screen and battery size.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
We already knew it was just a matter of time.

The maxx won't get it until the turbo does, probably after the Verizon 2013 Moto X, too . So, I wouldn't expect it to happen all that soon.

bs5283

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If this is any consolation. Moto x 2013 and turbo coming "in a few weeks" and "will jump straight to 5.1"

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 149.jpg
    149.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 137