Home Wifi - Bluetooth not working

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been pretty hard on my Maxx recently and it's gotten some small contact with water and small dropping of the phone. It MAY be connected with a small dropping yesterday, but suddenly bluetooth isn't recognizing my ear device, and it won't connect to my home wifi.

WIFI
-- All other devices work on my home wifi
-- I "forgot" the wifi, tried to reconnect with the correct password. It says "connecting" and then reverts back to as if I hadn't connected. Now it doesn't even pick it up, even though the modem is right here.
-- I was able to connect with a starbucks wifi no problem. That is, **WIFI IS STILL WORKING IN GENERAL**

OTHER
-- Bluetooth doesn't work either. Not sure if it is just not finding my device or all devices. I will try to find out and update if that helps.
-- I did a factory reset on my phone, and no change.
-- I have a FIOS modem/router setup. If I have to do something to that can you be a bit specific? I'm a novice when it comes to WFP/WEP/WWF/WTF/etc, and I'm not even sure how to access the settings on my router/modem. Like, the guy just came in and gave us the password and I connected with my PC, Ipad, etc.
-- Last pieces of information: some of those times I got my phone wet the mp3 files would skip a few seconds, e.g. :01, :02, :05, :06, etc. Rebooting phone seemed to do nothing, it would just.... get better after a little while.

Please help I absolutely must have both of these things.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you cannot connect after a factory data reset, I'd say that it's a hardware failure, sorry to say.

About the only other thing to try is to start the phone in safe mode and see if it will connect. To start in safe mode, long-press power with the phone on, like you were going to power off. Long-press on the Power Off box when the dialog pops up; aftera while a prompt will ask you if you want to restart in safe mode.

If it works in safe mode, you have some sort of conflict with an app you have installed.

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
1) But what explains that the wifi works in other networks?

2) What should I do in case of a hardware failure? I really like the phone otherwise. Is it salvageable? Can a professional look at it? Can I try some DIY opening/replacing/drying? Or do I have to do some kind of $300 deal with Verizon for a new phone?

3) Thanks for answering! Please anyone else chime in...

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you edit the message, because I don't remember seeing the part about it working at Starbucks?

I agree, try restarting the router. Also go into settings / wifi, tap menu control bottom right, tap advanced, and try setting avoid poor connections and wifi optimization turned off. Maybe that will help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez