Why isn't my Droid Maxx sim card reader working?

lost Felisha

May 14, 2015
Visit site
having issues due to switching phones. my sim card was too large & a friend & i cut it down. But when my friend went to place it in slot, 1st problem, was still too long. Then he also had it upside down & backwards. i went to the phone store & got a replacement sim card. but still, no response to the new card. hoping its not the reader. i did start taking the phone apart by watching a utube video. now i cant get the screw by the camera out. what do i do? i am lost & stuck!! please someone help me!! please!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: my droid maxx sim card reader isnt working

Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the correct forum.

I know this isn't directly helpful, but I would strongly suggest you bring the phone to a repair shop. If you're not experienced with opening up your phone and replacing parts, you could irreversibly damage it.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
That screw is a different size than all the others. If you stripped it already there's not much you can do except try and drill the head off but one slip of the drill bit and you will mess up more than the screw. It can be done because I have done it, just not recommended. Either way the sim card reader is part of the main board I think and there is not much you can do to remedy your problem by opening it.

lost Felisha

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: my droid maxx sim card reader isnt working

I just want to say thank you. I did asvu said & took it to a store. They are unsure of why its not reading my card. Even got new card from my carrier. I really loved this phone. Even though I never had a real chance to use it. Thanks again. At least u replied!!

Cenzo

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The sims for this phone are very very specific. I went to verizon and they tried 20 different brand new sims and it didn't work. They took one out of a returned droid maxx and it worked right away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia