Switched to AT&T - Can't Receive Calls

10plus1

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I recently switched my Droid Maxx from Verizon to AT&T, and everything works EXCEPT I can't receive calls. I can call out just fine, send/receive texts, and the internet works fine.

I've tried switching the preferred network type from "global" to "LTE/GSM/UMTS" and selecting AT&T as my preferred network. This doesn't seem to work, either. Any thoughts? I'm located in MN, if that makes a difference.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to buy a new phone. I've read the threads here from others who have used the Maxx on AT&T with no issues. Am I missing something, or is this just not going to work with my phone?

Thanks for your help.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You may want to check with AT&T to see if there is something going on with your account, like the number is automatically forwarded somewhere else (like voicemail.) If you have signal to make calls, send and receive texts, and use mobile data, you have signal to receive calls, too.

(From a bit of Googling, you should be able to turn off call forwarding by entering #21# and hitting send on the dialer. See Call Forwarding - AT&T Wireless )

10plus1

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I spoke to AT&T customer service. They said everything appears to be in order with my account. I tried the call forwarding thing, but calls were not being forwarded so it had no effect.

I also can't use my voicemail. It says I have no messages, even though I left myself several test messages. Whatever the problem is, all my calls are being rejected. No idea where the voicemail is ending up, but I can't access it.

AT&T opened a ticket with their tech support - she said they usually get back to you in three days. 0_0

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phone into your local AT&T store (some of the CS reps are great, some couldn't find their own fingers) and see if they can get it working., If not, ask where the nearest Device Support Center is (if they don't suggest that you go there). The DSC people usually have had whatever problem you have many times before and know the answer - and if it's a few button pushes, they'll just do it for you.

10plus1

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Problem Solved!

I spoke with Verizon's customer service and learned that they had not received the porting request from AT&T to switch my number over. I called AT&T, they resubmitted the request, and now everything seems to work perfectly.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. :)

10plus1

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Problem Solved!

I don't think so. My display says H+. The speeds are not particularly fast, but I haven't done a speed test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21