HELP!! DROID MAXX hard brick only shows as QHSUSB_DLOAD in device manager

hamza khan8

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello experts...
i have droid maxx one night i put it on charge and when i pulled it, it was powered oFF .It wouldn't restart and I can't get it into fastboot. I have tried charging it via PC and wall outlet with various cables and still can't get it to respond.

When plugged into PC it is recognized as QHUSB_DLOAD. And if I hold the power button or power & vol dwn in for about 6 seconds or so it will make the USB sound and the led will flash green again for a second.

plz help i dig alot on google to unbrick but haven't find any solution.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Similar problem here, & I have a programer cord. I have been able to power it up, but it seems that it will only power up in BP Tools mode. Even if I flash a rom, it won't power on properly. This is a relatively new problem, but it seems more people are having it. I haven't amateurs opinion that it may have something to do with the rewrite cycle of the memory expiring or wearing out. I hope there is a fix for this, because my bootloader is unlocked and I'd like to enjoy the phone more!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It's hard to believe the write cycle was hit. The bootloader and most of the partitions are not written to at all - really just cache, data and the user storage.

Do you have a full fxz? Just try flashing the full fxz again and start from scratch?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Similar problem here, & I have a programer cord. I have been able to power it up, but it seems that it will only power up in BP Tools mode. Even if I flash a rom, it won't power on properly. This is a relatively new problem, but it seems more people are having it. I haven't amateurs opinion that it may have something to do with the rewrite cycle of the memory expiring or wearing out. I hope there is a fix for this, because my bootloader is unlocked and I'd like to enjoy the phone more!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...k-only-shows-qhsusb_dload-device-manager.html

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's hard to believe the write cycle was hit. The bootloader and most of the partitions are not written to at all - really just cache, data and the user storage.

Do you have a full fxz? Just try flashing the full fxz again and start from scratch?
I can, and have, fxz'd with RSD and HouseofMoto. I get the 'sp space is not enough' after system is done flashing. The phone reboots twice by itself (while on programmer cord), ending up in BP tools mode. The phone cannot charge at all, and it has a new battery. Do I need a charge port replaced?