Moto Maxx People address book is all jumbled, how can I make my contacts read the way I type them?

A

AC Question

Moto Maxx People address book is all jumbled

How can I make my contacts read the way I type them in, instead of sorting first name first, first name last, etc? I hit one of those buttons by mistake, how can I disable that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto Maxx People address book is all jumbled

Welcome to Android Central! How are you typing them in?

Typically, when you're entering a new contact, you'll first see just one Name field. If you enter two words in the Name field, it will assume the first word is the first name and the second word is the last name. If you want to enter a business name, either enter it in the Company field, or bring up the more detailed First Name/Last Name entry fields--there should be a little down-facing arrowhead that expands the Name field to the more detailed fields--and enter the whole company name as the Last Name.

To change the sort, go back to the main Contacts list, tap Menu, and look for the sorting options.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto Maxx People address book is all jumbled

How can I make my contacts read the way I type them in, instead of sorting first name first, first name last, etc? I hit one of those buttons by mistake, how can I disable that?

It's pretty simple - open the People app. Tap the menu control bottom right, then settings. Sort list by is the first option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech