UP 3 fitness band won't connect

CattieBrie

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the Up 3 fitness band that I am fighting to get re-connected. This is the 2nd time that I have somehow lost the bluetooth connection and struggled to reconnect, but the steps I used last time don't seem to be working. I have rebooted my phone, unistalled and reinstalled the app, done a soft reset of the band, cleared the cache partition, and various combinations of these steps. I'm wondering if the phone's bluetooth is contributing to whatever is wrong. I recall reading about some Maxx owners having issues with bluetooth. Has anyone else had similar issues? Any suggestions?

(I am off to post this question on the Connectedly Up 3 forum, too.)

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this band, but never had problems with my Pebble watch (when it still worked...) or my Garmin watch connecting - EXCEPT when I used on particular BT device that I had paired with the phone (it was for a boat's audio system.) Whenever I paired to that device and played music, I could never reconnect to anything else without restarting the phone.

You've said that you've tried restarting, but I'd also think about deleting any other BT device pairings that you might have on the phone and then see if you can reconnect.

One last thing to try (and I know that this is not a great permanent solution, but...) - try turning off the WiFi radio and see if that helps. It's always possible that WiFi is interfering - they both can be using the 2.4 GHz frequency.

CattieBrie

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if something might be interfering. I had already unpaired the headphones that I had paired with it while I was working this weekend, and I have now unpaired the speaker that I had forgotten was paired. I rarely use either of these with my phone, so it's an easy fix. I think the wifi was turned off yesterday but I will make sure it is off when I try again today. Thanks for the suggestions!

Over at the Connectedly forum, someone suggested unpairing the band, but it doesn't show in the bluetooth settings when the band won't connect. Is there another way to see previously paired bluetooth objects that are not currently connected?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Again, I don't have that band, but I assume that there is an app that goes with it. If it is a Bluetooth LE (low energy) device, it will be like my Garmin watch, and the pairing is not done in the standard phone Bluetooth settings menu but in the actual app that goes with the device. So, look in the settings for the Up 3 app and see if there is something about pairings there.

CattieBrie

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
With some help from Jawbone support, that's where I finally found it. You have to try to pair a new band with the app to unpair the current band. I suppose that's like going to the start button in Windows to shut down your computer.

At Jawbone's suggestion, I attempted to pair the band with my husband's phone. He has the same phone and an Up 3, but hasn't had any issues. I had to unpair his band and log him out, before I could log in and attempt to pair my band - which did not work. I requested a warranty replacement last night, but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Thank you for your suggestions.