Motorola Droid Maxx Battery Problem

KSean47

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
A few nights ago, my phone spent the entire night on the charger not charging. I plugged it into a different charger and the battery display showed that it was at 100% in about 20 minutes. After using it for about 5 or 10 minutes, the phone shuts off like it's out of charge while the battery display showed it was at around 90%.

Either something is wrong with the battery or the OS. Is there a solution for this?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
You could try a battery calibration, and see if that helps.

If the device experiences extreme jumps in charging or discharging (5% - 90%) in just a few minutes, follow these steps to calibrate the battery meter and prevent the issue from recurring.

With the device powered on, press and hold the*Power Button*for 10 - 20 seconds until device restarts.

Connect the device to the original factory charger and allow*it to charge completely to 100%.

Continue charging for at least 30 minutes after the unit has reached 100%

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd say that the battery is probably shot. Are you sure that it's a 2013 Droid Maxx? I'm not sure when you bought the phone, but mine is now going on four years old. If yours is that old, it wouldn't be surprising for the battery to be worn out.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd say that the battery is probably shot. Are you sure that it's a 2013 Droid Maxx? I'm not sure when you bought the phone, but mine is now going on four years old. If yours is that old, it wouldn't be surprising for the battery to be worn out.

The battery in mine still works pretty good

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay