No compromises?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Same processor and RAM as the "bigger" phones.

Did I miss the capacity specs?

Of course screen (size, resolution) and battery (mAh) are going to be smaller.

Glad to see I was wrong about resolution.

Last edited:

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
If it's running close to stock Android, I may pick this up as I like the size of my iPhone 5 but I am rather bored of the OS. I like the fact that it has the same guts as its bigger brothers.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Nothing bad. I think screen size and specs work great with this device. At $99, they'll sure sell a bunch to people looking for a good smartphone at a good price. Think family plans and budget minded people.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Guys,i was dead set on the ultra,or so i thought.But i keep thinking that i just can't justify the extra 100 dolllars for a 5 inch screen.Especially when the specs are the same.Anyone here in a similar situation. My upgrade is on the 14th..and of course i have until the 20th to decide...but this is going to be difficult.All in all an amazing phone for an amazing price.Also guys the ppi on this is higher than the Iphone 5 that is a total win.:)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Guys,i was dead set on the ultra,or so i thought.But i keep thinking that i just can't justify the extra 100 dolllars for a 5 inch screen.Especially when the specs are the same.Anyone here in a similar situation. My upgrade is on the 14th..and of course i have until the 20th to decide...but this is going to be difficult.All in all an amazing phone for an amazing price.Also guys the ppi on this is higher than the Iphone 5 that is a total win.:)

Wait until you can hold both phones then decide. If the screen size doesn't matter then you should go with the Mini. It's still a great device in my opinion. .

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

GMasonDragonDad

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking about it too. Looks to be close in size to my Droid X2. Maybe get an an external battery pack to recharge when away? For some reason.. I struggle to believe the screen usage time (3g/4g) is anywhere near 28 hours. Half? Third?

Questions!

Is it splash proof?

Will the "App disable" feature still be working?

Does voice and data work at the same time?

How is the notification center going to blink on/off with a TFT LCD instead of AMOLED?

Last edited:

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm really liking the Mini.. the price point is a huge selling point and the size of the razr m just feels right in the hand.

I'm pretty sure the moto x is going to come out with the same exact specs and probably 99 with contract as well so itll be a tough decision at that point.

pallol

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely the love the Razr M, and I am definitely looking forward to getting a Mini, but I suspect that it will be the least popular in the new Motorola line up.

The trend is toward bigger devices, and smartphone buyers don't appear to extremely price sensitive. Jmho, and I hope the Mini is successful.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a Razr Maxx HD at the moment which I like, but the Droid Mini looks like a much better size (and I had a tough time choosing the Maxx HD over the Razr M). May have to pick one up. I like that the camera and processor are not dumbed down despite the smaller screen size. So far seems like a win-win. And I'm not too concerned about the on-screen notifications vs. blinking LED; I wear a Pebble watch so I get my notifications on it instead.

jperiod

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a Droid Razr M which is a pretty good phone in all respects. The new Mini appears to be an upgrade to the Razr M in most areas (screen, processor, camera, OS, etc) with the exception of storage space. You can put a 32 GB card in the Razr M but not in the Mini. I am considering this phone but only 16 GB and not upgradeble gives me pause. If I put my music on the device, I am already up against it on space. I am not a big cloud person but, I think that if I went with the Mini, I would have to become one.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm really liking the Mini.. the price point is a huge selling point and the size of the razr m just feels right in the hand.

I'm pretty sure the moto x is going to come out with the same exact specs and probably 99 with contract as well so itll be a tough decision at that point.

Tough decision? But it doesn't have an s800, and you said:

I know some people don't care, but I don't waste my upgrades and my next phone must have the s800 (I'd take an exynos 5 as well but that isnt gonna happen)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz