Got it! And pretty pleased so far, bu weird GPS thing

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. The screen is amazing. I was expecting a sort of the usual LCD thing, with flattish colors and not much brightness. But it's up there with a good LED screen. I know people tend to not like LEDs because they oversaturate, but I like them for their ability to display brightly and clearly - I don't expect precision color balance on my phone. That's not what the phone is for. The phone is quick, seems about average on battery (still not as good as a WP8 phone, guys - get with it!).

Anyway, the ONLY glitch I've seen so far was in the GPS. I use Navigon on this and other devices, and it works beautifully. On this one device though, occasionally the entire map will invert and show me going the opposite direction. This happens for a split second then goes back to normal - if you weren't watching you'd never notice it. It's almost as if the GPS position isn't very accurate and the lane-snap logic can't decide where you are. Weird, and only on this device. I need to download the GPS Essentials app and have a look at whats' up with that.

What kind of cases are people using? There isn't a lot out there.

Nimdae

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I get this problem with Waze since it attempts to lock you on to the roads. What's happening is you're location is slightly offset. I haven't tried with Google Maps to see if the problem exists there, but I believe it doesn't do so much of the locking to roads that Waze does.

I tried loading fresh AGPS data but it doesn't seem to help. I planned to tinker with it more when I get time, just haven't had a chance yet.