Battery Life

do2puff

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
For some reason I feel like my Droid Mini battery isn't living up to the claimed one... today I was in airplane mode using wi-fi, but the phone only lasted about ten hours. I did go on chrome, google music (4 hours of music play, not streaming), and played dots for about 1 hour.
In general, I'd use the phone from 9am-8pm and always go below the 20% mark.
When I first got the phone, Verizon turned it on and ported my number, so I used it for about an hour before I let it charge. Could this be the reason why?

Help would be appreciated!
Thank you

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
When I first got the phone, Verizon turned it on and ported my number, so I used it for about an hour before I let it charge. Could this be the reason why?

Help would be appreciated!
Thank you

That's definitely NOT the reason, though I couldn't tell you what is.

Sent from my HTC One mini

Nimdae

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
One of the first things I did with my mini is disable a bunch of included apps I knew I wouldn't be using. I didn't hit everything, but I hit a good number of apps. I did a day of testing, which resulted in higher than normal usage (which my old GNex would not have survived) and had about 64% battery remaining at the end of the day.

I suspect the bloat is likely to blame if I'm running fine with a lot of bloat disabled and you are not.