1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Mini - Screen unlock issues

I love my Droid Mini. I have been waiting for a smaller phone to come out because I don't like walking around with some huge phone in my pocket.

But, I started having an issue two days ago that is really odd. After it sits for a while, at least a minute, and I go to unlock the phone with either a pin code or the pattern option, after hitting enter instead of going to the home screen the phone runs through the droid splash images like I just turned it on. It will do this 95% of the time that I wake it up and enter the pin or pattern.

Has anyone else noticed this? I haven't download an new apps. There are no new updates I am aware of. It just started happening for no reason. I have rebooted, tried to start and stop numerous apps and can't seem to find a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: Droid Mini - Screen unlock issues

Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the system cache partition, which is only temporary system data (no important user data), but which can sometimes mess up the system):

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the quick response. I tried to wipe the system cache partition, but couldn't get it too work. I turned off the phone, then hit power while holding the volume rocker down. I entered the startup mode selection screen and went down to Recovery. Then I got the screen with the robot laying on its side and that is where it stayed. No other options and I couldn't do anything accept for holding the power button down and turning it off.

Any other ideas on clearing the system cache? Are there any apps that might automate that process?

Wait a second................looks like I didn't hold the volume up button on enough while on the distress android screen. I will try again.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was able to wipe the system cache partition, but unfortunately that didn't fix it. The same issue it still happening.

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, I'd suspect some app that you installed is messing with the stability of the system.

ROM
    Stock

Nice to know I'm not the only one having this issue. Sadly I think this might only be solvable via software update or a replacement phone.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastholdout View Post
    Nice to know I'm not the only one having this issue. Sadly I think this might only be solvable via software update or a replacement phone.
    No problem here. Hope you solve yours soon ...

I have been having the same issue for the past week or so. The same thing happens when I attempt to answer a call - the phone restarts, and I lose the call. I called the tech help line and they suggested to run the phone in safe mode as B Diddy stated above. They had the same thought - if the problem goes away in safe mode, there is most likely an issue with one of the installed apps. I found that if I run the phone in safe mode, the problem goes away. I have uninstalled almost all of the Apps that I added to the phone and performed a soft reset. The problem still persists, and it is very annoying...

I seem to recall this starting right after I received an update, but for the life of me I can't remember which app or apps were updated.

I've had a similar problem with the unlock screen. I had just got the phone for Christmas, it was a big improvement from my previous phone, but after having it on the charger for the first time I tried to unlock the phone using the pattern lock but the phone wouldn't let me finish the pattern. Then it took up the ten chances I had to get into the phone, then it shut off. After a second or two it started going though the start up screen and then there was the little droid bot on the screen and underneath it, it said "erasing" next thing I knew all my contacts and pictures I bluetoothed from my previous phone were gone and all the music I just transferred from my computer were gone and the so few apps I had just put on the phone were gone. my friend said he experienced the same issue with his mini and I am curious too see if anyone else has had this problem and whether or not it will happen again and if so could I fix it.