Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Squeaking/Noisy back cover

Anyone else noticed (with the case off of course) that the back is really squeaky?

I don't hear anything with the case on it, but every time I pick it up without a case it makes noise. I'm trying to decide if I should put in for a replacement. It sounds like some adhesive or something on the inside let loose.
    rule the air.

952 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,312 Global Posts

Default Re: Squeaking/Noisy back cover

i've seen a similar thread about this in the Maxx forum, i would get it replaced
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Got it replaced. The new one didn't squeak when I recieved it, but its starting to now at the corners.

I have this problem with my Droid Mini, too. So you sent it back to Motorola? Did they explain what was happening?

I had this problem with my Droid Mini. It was creaking/squeaking loudly at where the back casing touches the front part between the volume and power buttons. I would hear it every time I picked it up. Felt and sounded so cheap, it got on my nerves. I removed the volume/SIM tray and used a plastic spudger tool to pull out the back casing a little and dabbed a tiny amount of silicone grease along the top edge. Vaseline probably would have worked too. After wiping off the excess, the squeak/creak is 100% gone!

Had the squeaking and creaking been much worse, another idea I had was to pull off the back cover and coat the edge where the snap tabs are with a very thin coat of silicone. It's a trick I've done with squeaky/creaky interior parts in cars and works great.