- 22 Posts
Squeaking/Noisy back cover
Anyone else noticed (with the case off of course) that the back is really squeaky?
I don't hear anything with the case on it, but every time I pick it up without a case it makes noise. I'm trying to decide if I should put in for a replacement. It sounds like some adhesive or something on the inside let loose.
- 10-30-2013, 08:20 AM #2
- 11-19-2013, 11:57 PM #4
- 01-22-2014, 10:49 AM #5
- 9 Posts
Re: Squeaking/Noisy back cover
I had this problem with my Droid Mini. It was creaking/squeaking loudly at where the back casing touches the front part between the volume and power buttons. I would hear it every time I picked it up. Felt and sounded so cheap, it got on my nerves. I removed the volume/SIM tray and used a plastic spudger tool to pull out the back casing a little and dabbed a tiny amount of silicone grease along the top edge. Vaseline probably would have worked too. After wiping off the excess, the squeak/creak is 100% gone!
Had the squeaking and creaking been much worse, another idea I had was to pull off the back cover and coat the edge where the snap tabs are with a very thin coat of silicone. It's a trick I've done with squeaky/creaky interior parts in cars and works great.
- By RavenSword in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-29-2013, 09:07 PM
- By N4Newbie in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 12Last Post: 10-29-2013, 06:46 PM
- By filmhack in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 10-29-2013, 07:39 AM
- By iWalkerzx in forum HTC One M7Replies: 9Last Post: 10-28-2013, 10:32 PM
- By Oj467 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 10-28-2013, 06:38 PM