Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default active notification and assist battery questions.

My parents recently bought droid minis. I set it up for them over the holidays, and I deactivated the notification and the Motorola assist apps. I had read about the Moto X processor that had dedicated cores, and I was worried that without the battery management chips, the mini would I get terrible battery life.

Now that I have the Moto X (switched from Samsung and loving it) , I realize how awesome the features are. I wanted to ask users use the features if they notice much of a battery drain. I'm considering setting up their phones so that they get all the cool stuff moto X as well.

Thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: active notification and assist battery questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    My parents recently bought droid minis. I set it up for them over the holidays, and I deactivated the notification and the Motorola assist apps. I had read about the Moto X processor that had dedicated cores, and I was worried that without the battery management chips, the mini would I get terrible battery life.

Now that I have the Moto X (switched from Samsung and loving it) , I realize how awesome the features are. I wanted to ask users use the features if they notice much of a battery drain. I'm considering setting up their phones so that they get all the cool stuff moto X as well.

Thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App
    Droid mini has the 2 addition low power chip. so it would not use a lot of battery

Default Re: active notification and assist battery questions.

The Droid mini has the same exact internals as the Moto X, processor-wise, so you won't need to worry about that.
    Loony2nz likes this.