Does the Droid Mini "breathe" like the Moto X?

iFalcon

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi -

I actually use a Moto X on AT&T and helping a co-worker with Droid Mini.

She receives notifications via active display. However, they appear only once and do not replicate the breathing functionality that the Motorola X has.

Does the mini have the "breathing" functionality?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does the mini "breathe" like the Moto X?

Hi -

I actually use a Moto X on AT&T and helping a co-worker with Droid Mini.

She receives notifications via active display. However, they appear only once and do not replicate the breathing functionality that the Motorola X has.

Does the mini have the "breathing" functionality?

Thanks.

The DROID MINI uses and LCD display whereas the Moto X, DROID ULTRA, and DROID MAXX use AMOLED.

IIRC, instead of "breathing", there should be a notification LED active on the DROID MINI after the first "breath".

iFalcon

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site

Yeah...she turned off the notification light because it was bothering her at night.

Sounds like the active notifications only shows 1 time and after than the LED becomes the notification. Is that correct?

Thanks for your input.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah...she turned off the notification light because it was bothering her at night.

Sounds like the active notifications only shows 1 time and after than the LED becomes the notification. Is that correct?

Thanks for your input.

That is my understanding.

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your input.

My wife has a Mini and that seems to be the behavior. I'm guessing the LCD display doesn't have the capability to activate only the pixels needed for Active Display and thus the battery drain would be unacceptable.

My wife loves her mini - size, features, and functionality. I like it because it has the same OS as my Maxx so I have only one OS to learn to configure - she's not a configuration explorer ☺

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Does the mini still turn on the time/notification screen when taking it out of your pocket? Even if it only does it once that's good enough for me.

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Does the mini still turn on the time/notification screen when taking it out of your pocket? Even if it only does it once that's good enough for me.

Yes, and also when picking it up or moving it while "sleeping".

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX