Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default chargeing issue

I have the droid mini and just recently have been having trouble with it charging. I can plug it in to charge and it'll charge just fine, but once its fully charged it no longer will show the charge icon and will lose power even though it is still connected to the charger. (Not happy when i wake up to a half dead phone) Then even if i unplug the phone and plug it back in it will not show the icon and refuse to charge. I have tried unplugging the charger from the outlet and plugging it back in but that doesn't work either. I have to completely disconnect the charger from the outlet and use a different outlet in which case the icon shows up and it charges. And after using a different outlet i can use the original outlet as if nothing happened. But only until the phone is fully charged, then the process starts all over again. Anyone have this problem?

Global Posts
    2,449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Default Re: chargeing issue

Quote Originally Posted by tony_303 View Post
    I have the droid mini and just recently have been having trouble with it charging. I can plug it in to charge and it'll charge just fine, but once its fully charged it no longer will show the charge icon and will lose power even though it is still connected to the charger. (Not happy when i wake up to a half dead phone) Then even if i unplug the phone and plug it back in it will not show the icon and refuse to charge. I have tried unplugging the charger from the outlet and plugging it back in but that doesn't work either. I have to completely disconnect the charger from the outlet and use a different outlet in which case the icon shows up and it charges. And after using a different outlet i can use the original outlet as if nothing happened. But only until the phone is fully charged, then the process starts all over again. Anyone have this problem?
    This is an interesting issue. I'm not sure it's hardware related, but it sounds like it. Have you tried a different charger and cable? Have you recently done a software update?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have three different mini usb cables (one was the phones original cable and charger) along with three chargers themselves. Same problem with all three.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Also i just got this phone, only two weeks old. Id rather not have to replace it and re setup all my settings-.-

Global Posts
    2,449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Quote Originally Posted by tony_303 View Post
    Also i just got this phone, only two weeks old. Id rather not have to replace it and re setup all my settings-.-
    This confirms a hardware issue. It's time for a warranty replacement

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk