Droid Mini won't send/receive picture messages

resi26

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying for weeks now to fix this problem: my Droid Mini suddenly stopped sending/receiving picture messages.

My OS is up to date. I tried switching to Verizon Messaging (when I tried to attach a picture it would say "Sorry you can't attach this picture") and then to Handcent (it crashed when I tried to send a picture). I've tried turning off my wifi. I tried a trick where you send yourself a picture, but it didn't work. I tried clearing the data/cache and force stopping the default messaging app.
I used to be able to send and receive pictures just fine when i first got the phone for Christmas, and I can still receive pictures in WhatsApp, but not in my texting app. I'm starting to wonder if maybe WhatsApp (or another app) is interfering somehow, and I wanted to try sending a picture in safe mode to test the theory, but I don't know how to turn on safe mode.

Back when I was still using the messaging app that came on the phone, I would get a 1 in the counter by the app icon but when I opened the app, I wouldn't have an unopened message. It took me weeks to realize that was the app trying and failing to receive picture messages. The counter is still stuck at 1, and Verizon Messaging tells me all the time that I have messages that couldn't be downloaded.

Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated (explain things like you're speaking to a 4-year-old, this is my first smartphone and I fear it's smarter than I am).

rhythmbound

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Just joined to say 'me too'. Really starting to regret getting this phone, it is much smarter than I am. I get a photo text, it plays like a slideshow or some such; 20 second slider at the bottom. Can't save. Can't embiggen. Data packet checked? Yes. Did I try long touch? Yes. Did I pause *then* try long touch? Yes. wtf

Melissa Lyons

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I took my droid mini to my Verizon store where I bought it and he did some sort of reset that fixed the problem. It happened again so I googled the reset/reboot. I learned that if the phone ever freezes or gets stuck, that simultaneously pressing the volume up and power buttons for 20 seconds will perform a forced reboot. So I tried this and, voila! It worked. Its solved my pic message problem maybe 5x but I'm struggling with it now. Sometimes it has taken multiple tries before its fixed, but it has solved the problem. Hopefully we can all get our phones to work. Aside from this issue, I love my droid mini

Last edited:

ColoMom

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
This has happened to me as well as messaging has unexpectedly stopped and message not sent. When speaking with BOTH Verizon and Motorola, I have a Razr, they tell me our smart phones are like computers and need to be rebooted. I have done this, but the issues are not resolved. The only other option they have given me is to return the phone to factory settings. Yep. This means any and ALL downloaded content, including texts, apps and pictures, will be gone. I am unbelievably frustrated. They will tell you that you need to use Verizon Cloud or email yourself the pictures. This is not the case. I used the USB cord and transferred them to my pc. I am about to do the restore. Wish me luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar