Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeff Smith13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trouble sending a video with my LGg2

I'm not sure what my problem is but I can't send videos through e mail or text message. I had the same problem with my incredible 2 so perhaps the problem isn't the phone. Maybe it's Verizon. Any ideas out there?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Trouble sending a video with my LGg2

Welcome to Android Central! You're posting in the Droid Mini forum--try posting in the G2 forum here: LG G2 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

How big are the videos you're trying to send via MMS? There's a size limit--I think it's about 1.2 MB, which most videos will exceed (unless the resolution is seriously downsized).

If you're trying to send via email, how are you doing so, and how is it failing?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

When I send a video through email I go through my gmail account. If it is bigger than 10 seconds it says is to big. If it is 10 second or less it attempts to send but it never finishes.

The file size attachment limit for Gmail is 25 MB, so if you're trying to attach an HD video, it's unlikely that it will be small enough to attach. I'm not sure why it won't attach a smaller video though.

You could upload the video to your Google Drive account and share it that way. That's an easy way to get around the 25 MB file size limit.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

B. Diddy, you're the best

B. Diddy likes this.