Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default recent apps button malfunction

Recently, my motorola droid mini keeps thinking I'm pushing the recent apps button, even when I'm not even touching the screen. When I try to push it, it doesn't work. This just started recently, and I don't recall making any changes just before it started (no new apps, launchers, etc). I have tried removing the screen protector and the rubber case - no change.

TIA. Let me know if any numbers, sw versions, etc would help.

Default Re: recent apps button malfunction

Welcome to Android Central! Does this behavior persist after a reboot? If so, then try wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...,8697/kw/cache
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this behavior persist after a reboot? If so, then try wiping the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...,8697/kw/cache
    Yes, I've tried both of those.

Are you rooted or unrooted? Installed any apps that might have control over the capacitative buttons?

Does it still happen if you boot into Safe Mode? If it doesn't, then it's probably due to some app you've installed: http://www.verizonwireless.com/suppo...se.html/83030/
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you rooted or unrooted? Installed any apps that might have control over the capacitative buttons?

Does it still happen if you boot into Safe Mode? If it doesn't, then it's probably due to some app you've installed: Safe Mode - DROID Mini / DROID Ultra / DROID Maxx by Motorola
    Unrooted. I booted up in safe mode and the problem persists. May have to pay a visit to my nearest Verizon store.

How new is the phone? You're right, it's probably time to start inquiring about a replacement phone.