New Pro Owner - Seeking Advice

cceller

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have finally decided to take the plunge and purchased a Droid Pro (former Blackberry user).

My question is mostly on accessories:

Which case do you use and why (was a big Otterbox guy with my BB).

Is there a charging dock or cradle?

Do you recommend an extended battery?

Thanks for all of your help in easing the transition!

jvm1982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
If you get the OEM extended battery you can get the case and holster from VZW and it fits just fine one the Pro with a lil heating... If you decide to go this route I can help you.

reykjavik

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have finally decided to take the plunge and purchased a Droid Pro (former Blackberry user).

My question is mostly on accessories:

Which case do you use and why (was a big Otterbox guy with my BB).

Do you recommend an extended battery?

Thanks for all of your help in easing the transition!
Consider skipping on the expensive extended battery and here is why: go to ebay and buy a three pack plus charger of the batteries OEM. Its about 12 bucks. Unlike the BB, rebooting time on a droid is a tenth of the time so popping in a battery every once in a rare while and having to wait one and half minutes for a reboot is a much better and cheaper way to do it without paying for an extended battery and bulking up the phone with a horrid extended battery case. Just my opinion. Thats the route I took and its fine.

jaydee311

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I found one charging dock on Amazon. It's alright but I don't love it. Unfortunately it's the only one i've found. It only charges via USB (when docked), so you'll need an AC adapter or a USB outlet around . I ordered a separate USB to AC adapter that works pretty good. It comes with an outlet plug but that's only for the additional battery charger (behind the docking area) which I don't use. Here's the link:

Amazon.com: GSI Super Quality Desktop 3-In-1 Rapid Charger/Cradle/Data-Sync Docking Station For Verizon Moto Droid Pro Cell Phone, Horizontal Style - Plus Slot For Extra Battery Charge - Powered By USB Or By Included AC Wall Adapter: Cell Phones & Ac

Hope that helps.

cceller

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Well my big issue is I purchased AND fell in love with an Otterbox for the Pro (hard shell in the skin, which makes battery swaps daunting).

My solution is basically charger at home, charger at work, charger in the car, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv