Droid Pro: wifi won't turn on

Ray Wicker

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I tried to turn on my WiFi in the settings and it would say turning on then stop and say error. I've restarted my phone, done a factory reset and even used a WiFi fixing app. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

lynnneil

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: wifi wont turn on

Install the app called "Wifi fixer" through the cellular data. This app will solve all the issues of the wifi connections.

carloblvd

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I have a problem too involving the wifi. My wifi win't turn on. It will just say wifi turning on, but then it will go back to wifi off. And I don't have a cellular data plan. Can anyone help me with this problem?

aotearoapark

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site

suddenly from this morning slide bar for Wifi stays grey and cannot turn on. I have a galaxy note and had no issue for Wifi until this morning...
wifi fixer doesn't work.

celticpayne

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

I have droid razr m (rooted) version 4.0.4 .... having few issues if anyone could explain to me would be great.
1...since rooted, phone will not update to 4.1.2 when applying update phone will give verification error... think maybe if i unroot then try. but havent been able to unroot yet.
2....Wifi has for some reason turned itself off and will not turn back on, tried several times, also tried (factory reset) no results,
anyone who may have a solution please let me know... thanks for your time.

(Unrooted) then factory reset... did not help with update or fixing Wi-Fi... out of ideas.

Last edited:

jasern

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

Facing the same problem with my Note 2 suddenly - slide On Wifi as usual - but this time it slides back to Off. Tried rebooting. But still the same. Only at "Turning on wifi".. Help!

malaeus

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

same exact issue. across 3 separate note 2's one is bone stock, one is rooted stock, and one is rooted and running WICKED stock based ROM from xda.

all 3 have this issue, even on two different firmware versions. bone stock note 2 is running 4.1.1 still, other 2 are on 4.1.2 firmware. any help would be wonderful.
also, not sure if you guys are having teh same issue but.... .i cant seem to lock my phone without the screen staying on for 15 seconds or so.

ed1380

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

It has nothing to do with software or firmware. I've reset, factory reset, etc. and it doesn't help. What does help is hitting the back of the phone. There's a bad solder joint or spring connector for the antenna. I've had it fix itself by taking the cover off, but it's faster to just whack the back of the phone against your palm or leg.

malaeus

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

well thats just hilarious, as thats exactly what ive been doing to make it work XD

thanks for confirming this. ill probably have to give samsung a call and see if they can replace/repair this

mohammed anwar

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

HIT the Phone ?? Are You talking Seriously ????? Did you face this issue and solved it with this action or you just suggest
i have Bought this phone ( Brand New Note 2 ) from another country and once i opened the box and try to use the phone i discovered this Problem
i don't know what to do as the warranty will not be valid in My Country.
Please Help !!

mohammed anwar

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

i've insatlled 2 ROMs to check if the problem with the Software or Hardware, but it seams a Hardware Issue, Anyone has suggestions ??

Kimberly315

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

haha thank you so much for posting this. I was on the verge of resetting my whole phone and I gave it a good wack on the back and my wifi immediately turned back on. So thanks for posting!!! :)

sakusakuchan

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

THE HECK!? I SLAPPED IT HARD ON MY HAND AND NOW IT'S WORKS!!!!!
maybe its just a matter of hardware connection. thanks for the info!!! :):p

Bryan Brown4

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I was having trouble turning on wifi on my tablet and one of the post said to wack the back of it and it worked. I had tried everything even a factory reset and this simple solution worked. Thank you.

Ace Younglust

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

we are not ****ting.i hit my phone with my palm twice on my note2 and it still won't turn on and i was planning to give at&t a call.i figured doesn't make a difference if i give it a few more good whacks and suddenly my wifi which has been down for over a week turns on. whoever found this out is a genius or extremely lucky and i wanna thank u so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz