Droid Pro: wifi won't turn on

Dreama

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: wifi wont turn on

I got 3 tablets for my grandkids for Christmas and when I turn on the wifi it immediately goes to off. Have tried everything. Any suggestions?
:-:(

Natraj Chaturvedi

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
for me I have to whack it on the front side near the top of the screen. It does get it started but wifi remains wobbly which means getting whatever is loose should be priority no1 as this surely isn't or shouldn't be a permanent fix at least for me...

Steps Parku

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Damn!!!!!!!!!!! the whack trick worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrked like charm. i spent days online sorting out apps to fix my wifi that was stucked on turned off, it always says turning on for days without turning on actually. then i came across this site. i saw everyone's feedback about the whacking trick. I ignored it actually, continued to look for more crappy wifi fixers.apk. but none worked. Finally i came back here to give this a simple try. First, i gave it a serious palm slap at the back. It wouldn't bother at all, then i took off the back case. took all emotions aside. and Gave it a hot slap at the back again, Still it didn't even bother. so i took off the battery and restarted. And bingo!!! it came on with wifi fully connected. I am enjoying my phone now. and thanks alot for this whack trick. infact. i am gonna need to keep my palm dry and ready for it at all times lol. Thanks a million. don't hesitate. try this whack trick if it's not working, try again and restart several times. It will surely work.
My Device. HTC Velocity 4G (Vivo) Rooted with custom Android 4.4 kitkat from pacman rom installed.
.:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jessy Blaze

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
No amount of whacking or rebooting after slapping worked.

I've been trying to fix this for days & have spent like 10 hours trying to get my wi-fi working on the S4. I don't know what else to do or where to go from here. Everyone just tells me to get it replaced (which will cost a bunch of money even though the phone has not worked), I would rather fix this for good!

I have a feeling I have the Telus ROM firmware with 4.2.2 on my phone that is originally Rogers... could this be the problem?

monty6630

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I tried to turn on my WiFi in the settings and it would say turning on then stop and say error. I've restarted my phone, done a factory reset and even used a WiFi fixing app. Anyone know how I can fix this?

Hey all,
After more than a week with NO WIFI, i have finally figured it out.
Here are the detailed.
ISSUE: After OTA update of 4.4.3 on new nexus 5, the phone was rebooted automatically and after reboot WIFI button was greyed out. It only showed "TURNING ON".
FAILED SOLUTION ATTEMPTS: Following step DID NOT HELP
1. Factory reset
2. Battery drain and recharge after full drain
3. Power off for few hours and restart
4. Whacking the set on palm (yes, whacking, it was a recommended solution on a thread)
5. Opened the handset and checked all the hardware link, every thing was fine
6. Bootloader unlock, recovery installation (TWRP), downgrade to 4.4.2 (downloaded from google's web page)
7. Downgrade to 4.4
8. OTA update from down graded firmware
9. Sideloading the 4.4.3 update on firmware 4.4.2
10. Rooting, and installation of custom ROM (slimKat, Cynaogen mod)
11. Installation of custom kernel (linaro)
12. Flashing of 4.4.2 & 4.4 Radio/Boot images on stock rom of 4.4.3
13. Clean install of 4.4.3 (removing everything from phone except recovery)
14. *#*#4636#*#*, goto wifi and restart.
15. *#*#4636#*#*, wifi state shown "UN-INITIALIZED"

Actual Solution that worked
***** Install Paranoid Android ROM on rooted Nexus 5. The issue is with Kernel , which control the HW/OS communication. Apparently Kernel of this ROM removed the issue (but installation of SlimKat/CyanogenMod/Custom Kernel).
I then restored the backup of stock 4.4.3 from recovery and did a factory reset. Wifi & every thing else works fine now *****

Maria Diminutto

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Okay My WiFi won't turn on, I've Tried factory resetting my phone and everything, I've even tried just giving It a whack but It won't turn on, my device is a Samsung Galaxy Ace II x, and I would like to get this problem fixed because my phoneIis not currently hooked up and, I would like to be able to access the internet so I can contact people. If anyone can find the solution to my problem please let me know?
Thank You!

falafeldiaper

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a GAL 4 - Tmob. Same issue. And yes...smacking it with your hand works. Guess I'll take it apart and re-seat the wifi/BT ant link.
Love technology...