Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Pro: wifi won't turn on

Ok so I tried to turn on my WiFi in the settings and it would say turning on then stop and say error. I've restarted my phone, done a factory reset and even used a WiFi fixing app. Anyone know how I can fix this?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-24-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Default Re: wifi wont turn on

Install the app called "Wifi fixer" through the cellular data. This app will solve all the issues of the wifi connections.

I have a problem too involving the wifi. My wifi win't turn on. It will just say wifi turning on, but then it will go back to wifi off. And I don't have a cellular data plan. Can anyone help me with this problem?

suddenly from this morning slide bar for Wifi stays grey and cannot turn on. I have a galaxy note and had no issue for Wifi until this morning...
    wifi fixer doesn't work.

I have droid razr m (rooted) version 4.0.4 .... having few issues if anyone could explain to me would be great.
    1...since rooted, phone will not update to 4.1.2 when applying update phone will give verification error... think maybe if i unroot then try. but havent been able to unroot yet.
    2....Wifi has for some reason turned itself off and will not turn back on, tried several times, also tried (factory reset) no results,
    anyone who may have a solution please let me know... thanks for your time.

(Unrooted) then factory reset... did not help with update or fixing Wi-Fi... out of ideas.
    Last edited by celticpayne; 03-08-2013 at 11:53 AM.

I sent it too a shop and it was factory reset and wifi won't turn on still, suggestions?

Facing the same problem with my Note 2 suddenly - slide On Wifi as usual - but this time it slides back to Off. Tried rebooting. But still the same. Only at "Turning on wifi".. Help!

same exact issue. across 3 separate note 2's one is bone stock, one is rooted stock, and one is rooted and running WICKED stock based ROM from xda.

all 3 have this issue, even on two different firmware versions. bone stock note 2 is running 4.1.1 still, other 2 are on 4.1.2 firmware. any help would be wonderful.
    also, not sure if you guys are having teh same issue but.... .i cant seem to lock my phone without the screen staying on for 15 seconds or so.

It has nothing to do with software or firmware. I've reset, factory reset, etc. and it doesn't help. What does help is hitting the back of the phone. There's a bad solder joint or spring connector for the antenna. I've had it fix itself by taking the cover off, but it's faster to just whack the back of the phone against your palm or leg.
    Thanked by:
    ipisces likes this.

well thats just hilarious, as thats exactly what ive been doing to make it work XD

thanks for confirming this. ill probably have to give samsung a call and see if they can replace/repair this

Angry Re: wifi wont turn on

HIT the Phone ?? Are You talking Seriously ????? Did you face this issue and solved it with this action or you just suggest
    i have Bought this phone ( Brand New Note 2 ) from another country and once i opened the box and try to use the phone i discovered this Problem
    i don't know what to do as the warranty will not be valid in My Country.
    Please Help !!

i've insatlled 2 ROMs to check if the problem with the Software or Hardware, but it seams a Hardware Issue, Anyone has suggestions ??

haha thank you so much for posting this. I was on the verge of resetting my whole phone and I gave it a good wack on the back and my wifi immediately turned back on. So thanks for posting!!!

THE HECK!? I SLAPPED IT HARD ON MY HAND AND NOW IT'S WORKS!!!!!
    maybe its just a matter of hardware connection. thanks for the info!!!

I was having trouble turning on wifi on my tablet and one of the post said to wack the back of it and it worked. I had tried everything even a factory reset and this simple solution worked. Thank you.

The whack truly did work!!! Cant believe it!!

we are not ****ting.i hit my phone with my palm twice on my note2 and it still won't turn on and i was planning to give at&t a call.i figured doesn't make a difference if i give it a few more good whacks and suddenly my wifi which has been down for over a week turns on. whoever found this out is a genius or extremely lucky and i wanna thank u so much.

Gave it a wack and it worked. Wow the wonders of a wack.....but it does work!!!!!!

did you get it resolved? i got the same problem with my Note 2 and the problem persists

Thumbs up Re: wifi wont turn on

LOL I CALLE TECH SUPPORT *** I AM ON THE PHONE WITH HIM I WACK MY PHONE WITH MY SHOE AND BAM MY WIFI IS WORKING LOL

I got 3 tablets for my grandkids for Christmas and when I turn on the wifi it immediately goes to off. Have tried everything. Any suggestions?
    :-

wack it on the back omg i didn't believe this worked but it really does !

I slapped it on the back like 4 times and it didn't work!! Please Help!

Default Re: Droid Pro: wifi won't turn on

for me I have to whack it on the front side near the top of the screen. It does get it started but wifi remains wobbly which means getting whatever is loose should be priority no1 as this surely isn't or shouldn't be a permanent fix at least for me...

Default Re: Droid Pro: wifi won't turn on

i turn on my wifi its not turning no
    Last edited by Bilal Hassni; 03-04-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast