Droid Pro 850/1900 3G Bands... Delicious :)

sherifone

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
850/1900 WCDMA means it can get AT&T 3G... Now we just have to figure out how to unlock these things when they are released.

Anyone else going to pop their AT&T or Rogers SIM in there? :)

Last edited:

sherifone

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Every carrier has their plus and minuses. Verizon compresses the hell out of your voice and it seriously sounds TERRIBLE compared to all the other 3 carriers.

Frankly I don't know how most people miss this, but I'm insane for having 3 different lines on different carriers, so I can immediately recognize the difference in sound quality. Verizon is by far the worst with garbling and static interruption. But hey they have signal everywhere...

I understand its hip to bash AT&T but they have much faster 3G speeds and voice quality.

bwhite757

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I understand its hip to bash AT&T but they have much faster 3G speeds and voice quality.

I will disagree on both accounts. Now I'm sure if varies by location, but there are several unbiased business based surveys out there that prove that statement incorrect when basing an average across the country.

I'm not an AT&T hater, actually I could care less where anyone goes and gets service, it's their choice and their money. For me personally I choose VZW because I travel a great deal across my state and VZW covers more of it than any other carrier. I do not have a problem with call quality or 3g speeds virtually anywhere I go. True VZW tends to be a little higher priced, but in the grand scheme of things, you usually get what you pay for.

Back to topic, I will simply like it for world phone capabilities. Traveling abroad will be a little easier now, rather than having to switch my service over to my Blackberry everytime before I leave.

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I will disagree on both accounts. Now I'm sure if varies by location, but there are several unbiased business based surveys out there that prove that statement incorrect when basing an average across the country.

I'm not an AT&T hater, actually I could care less where anyone goes and gets service, it's their choice and their money. For me personally I choose VZW because I travel a great deal across my state and VZW covers more of it than any other carrier. I do not have a problem with call quality or 3g speeds virtually anywhere I go. True VZW tends to be a little higher priced, but in the grand scheme of things, you usually get what you pay for.

Back to topic, I will simply like it for world phone capabilities. Traveling abroad will be a little easier now, rather than having to switch my service over to my Blackberry everytime before I leave.

I agree. I have two statements that I will try and keep short.

1) I had AT&T with an iPhone 4. Their customer service (at least for me) is AWFUL!!! They know that you have no other alternative if you want an iPhone so they use that against you. Having a contract for 6 years means nothing. I dropped calls frequently and data was always slow. I live in the foothills of Washington State about 10-15 miles south of Seattle where EVERYONE has decent coverage and data speeds so AT&T should have been good.

2) I can't make any objective argument over the compression of voice on VZW's network but my Droid X is the most crisp and clear handset/network combo I have ever owned. I NEVER drop calls and people always sound excellent. I personally love VZW and will stick with them permanently until something changes drastically for better or worse.

I hope this doesn't turn into iPhone vs Android and AT&T vs VZW but my personal opinion is that the Droid Pro and any other handset is best used on Verizon's proven network.

:)

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
OK. We've done some serious digging and it's going to take some smarter people than us to unlock this thing. :)

We managed to get the APN settings unlocked, but then the radio crapped out on us completely. Who's next? lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21