Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    M6

Default Droid Pro Camera Issues

Received the Droid Pro last night. Camera was working great last night. This morning I started getting blue banding issues on the camera display and the resulting photos also have the same banding. It's similar to the banding/distortion issues that the entire Droid X display had. This is currently limited to the camera display only, regular screen display is fine. Have done multiple battery pulls and factory resets but it has not resolved the issue. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,162 Global Posts

Mine look ... ok? Can you post an example?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    M6

picture should be up now

I took a few pics today of my kids and I didn't see the problems you show. Is it visible when viewing on the phone or did you see it on your pc?

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I took a few pictures today and the quality on mine was very "granular". I was checking out some of my buddies last night on his iphone and his were very high quality. I checked my settings and it was set to high quality??

Default My camera sucks too

My camera sucks too. The pictures are all very grainy and pixelated. The quality of these pics is much worse than my old blackberry.

I have tried tweaking all the settings on the camera, but nothing seems to help.

Any suggestions?

i have the same problems, the pictures are like that of a 2 mp camera i dont know if this is a software fix or just a problem in general. I have played around with all the setting no pictures come out good, ive compared them to my work phone the 9650 which has a 3.2 mp camera and the 9650 is 10 fold better pictures. Hope with an update it solves this.

I had all of the aforementioned issues with the camera until I noticed that there was a small clear protective cover over the camera lens. Once removed, most of the grainy resolution problems disappeared. Maybe this might help a few of you.
    Thanked by:
    dpjtpa