Droid Pro Bootloader

mahst687

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
ok so the biggest rumor that was floating around with the droid pro was that because it is made for business and global access and so i.t. guys can put there own networking stuff on the phone, the rumor was that the bootloader is unlocked... can anyone confirm, deny, or has anyone attempted root yet?

just wondering....

HootBomb:confused:

anon(37023)

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Since I'm a noob to Android modding, I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I rooted with an app called z4root, from the Marketplace. It also allows you to un-root.

I throttled back the processor speeds to gain battery life, plus also deleted bloatware.

If this isn't related to this thread, tell me and I'll go stand in the corner.....

anon(37023)

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
That program isn't working for the droid pro just yet....:eek:

I beg to differ, my friend - z4root is working fine for the Droid Pro.

I used it yesterday to root my Pro, then did my wife's X. Works great and I was able to delete all the pre-installed bloatware crap, plus used SetCPU to reduce speed (for battery life). I also used Autostarts to stop things like eBay and Paypal from running in the background.

Give it a try :)

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I can also confirm that Z4ROOT works on the Pro. Took two tries but got it to work. Only wanted wireless tether and a screen capture app.

I didn't want to uninstall anything without having the sbf file. I've read in other threads that if uninstall some bloatware on other phones you won't get any updates.

mahst687

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
mine just hangs at:

"running exploit in order to obtain root access..."

are you doing after all your apps are loaded or on the base pro install...

any help is appreciated...

maybe i will download the app again and retry

Sebastianraven

May 1, 2010
www.twitter.com
mine just hangs at:

"running exploit in order to obtain root access..."

are you doing after all your apps are loaded or on the base pro install...

any help is appreciated...

maybe i will download the app again and retry

My phone and settings were all dialed in when I did this. Do a battery pull and try again. That's all I did.

Ned

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Camera and camcorder "click" sounds are in the /system/media/audio/ui folder.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Armenian

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, Quick question for you all

I have this brand new Motorola droid Pro for verizon wireless. I sold it to someone and they returned it to me stating that it does not load up.

I got the phone back and i put the battery in and it doesnt load with the battery, i plug it to the charger and motorola logo comes on and wont go past that phase.
after a certain while it say's bootloader fail *battery too low to load* something of that sort.

NOW
my question is , is it possible that the individual tried to unlock it or do some stuff which you guys mentioned above, which would cause this issue? how can i go about checking that? i mean what are the chances of a brand new phone not being able to load...

Thanks a lot for anyone with answers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance