Disable "Droid" sound during bootup

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The way I did it is by rooting with the app "Z4root" located in the market and then I downloaded "root explorer" from the market. In root explorer go to system>media> then I renamed the "droid.ogg" file to "droid.old"....NO MORE annoying droid sound :))

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If you don't want sound, put a sound less fine in the notification folder. Astro file manager is great for that.

Dilbert

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm on an Android Pro. I have the following:

Menu/Settings/Sound (not Sounds)

Under Sound I have and an entire screen of options:
Silent Mode (on)
Vibrate
Volume
Phone Ringtone
Notification Ringtone
Audible Touch Tones (on)
Audible Selection
Screen Lock Sounds (on)
Media audio effects
Haptic feedback (on)
SD Card notifications
Emergency Tone
Call connect
Network Lost tone
Roaming tone
Software update alert
Battery full notification

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm on an Android Pro. I have the following:

Menu/Settings/Sound (not Sounds)

Under Sound I have and an entire screen of options:
Silent Mode (on)
Vibrate
Volume
Phone Ringtone
Notification Ringtone
Audible Touch Tones (on)
Audible Selection
Screen Lock Sounds (on)
Media audio effects
Haptic feedback (on)
SD Card notifications
Emergency Tone
Call connect
Network Lost tone
Roaming tone
Software update alert
Battery full notification
Perfect. Change the notification ring tone. That works on the X, don't know why it would be diffrrent on the D2. let us know if that works on your particular device.

Dilbert

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
No such luck on my Pro. I have the notification ringtone currently set to pixiedust, so this setting doesn't appear to be the bootup 'droid' notification.

patotong#AC

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
thanks, tucsonstan for the tip ... like jwgraves62 i do not see that one.....i downloaded the silent boot app, turned off the phone then power up, and the sound is still there :-(

Dilbert

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Well I successfully ran Z4ROOT, twice. It says I have root access. I have installed Astro file manager but when I try renaming droid.ogg it tells me 'insufficient access'. I have also downloaded Droid Explorer to my PC (amazing program) and it also will not allow me to rename this file.

How can I confirm that I do or do not have root?

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Well I successfully ran Z4ROOT, twice. It says I have root access. I have installed Astro file manager but when I try renaming droid.ogg it tells me 'insufficient access'. I have also downloaded Droid Explorer to my PC (amazing program) and it also will not allow me to rename this file.

How can I confirm that I do or do not have root?

If you have the app "superuser" then you are rooted. You have to download "root explorer" from the market and system>media>and then rename the droid.ogg file....I changed the name to droid.old (also at the top make sure you click "mount R/W" or you won't be able to change the name) Hope this helps :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton