Apps from BB to the Pro

Karleen77

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have a bunch of apps on my BB Tour is there a way to get them on the Droid Pro? I really don't want to buy them all again.

Thanks,
Karleen

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
No, best you can do is find apps that are similar to those on your BlackBerry and load those. Some of which may not cost anything on the Android Market. BlackBerry apps will not run on an Android device, at all.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the apps. If the developer has an Android version of your Blackberry app, you could try contacting them to see if you could "transfer" ownership from the Blackberry version to the Android version. I know the makers of the app Tether allow this, so others might as well.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the apps. If the developer has an Android version of your Blackberry app, you could try contacting them to see if you could "transfer" ownership from the Blackberry version to the Android version. I know the makers of the app Tether allow this, so others might as well.

Ya, Tether does it for sure. But, honestly I can't even think of another paid app on Android that's also on BlackBerry. The only apps that I can think of that are on both platforms are larger, free apps like Dropbox and such.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

tether folks let you do that? i asked them and they said it was free during beta but then would be offered at 50% less. not like it matters, now that i am rooted, the wi-fi tether is easier to use.

NickAVV

Lionfish Apps
Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Karleen, if you wanted to list the names of the apps that you have on your Blackberry, I'm sure we could suggest equivalent apps for Android, most of which will probably be free.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Ewallet was the only one that worked for me because of the desktop component. A lot I had on BB was built into the winmob and especially the android os.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
When I switched from BB I had to buy Docs to Go because the developer wouldn't transfer it over. Welcome to AC

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Great thread. Other than Slide screen (which only supports Gmail) I'm really missing PocketDay. Anyone know of anything like that out there?

I googled PocketDay to see what it does. I'm not certain, but Executive Assistant may cover a few of those functions and give you something of a BB Today theme feel in their widget and lockscreen. I've used it before and it's a great app, but I can't say for sure how it stacks up to PocketDay. Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress