Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Larger Battery now available on Verizon

I was able to order the 1820 battery and door on the verizon web site just now.

is the door a lot bigger? send us pics when you get it!

Default Got mine yesterday

Got my extended battery yesterday. Really not much bigger at all, just cancels out some of the curvature of case from the camera hump so its essentially flat now. Most noticeable difference for me is the added weight. As far as battery life, on my original battery I was getting about a days worth of life out of it under normal use (texting, calling, browsing the web, navigation) - extended battery finally drained this morning and I am currently in the process of charging it to 100% now.

What is the price and we need pics!

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Extended battery is the bomb! i think it actually makes the phone feel more blackberry like in your hand!! anyway i also recommend the charging dock as well... switches to clock automatically and can be used with extended battery and regular too! drain is way better... i can actually go a whole day and use the phone! amazing!

I had/have a blackberry charging dock that I loved. Hate plugging in this phone blah.

Need good pics of the extended battery with a review now!

Sent from my DROID PRO

Default Larger battery better but not enough

The larger battery gets me a half day of heavy use. If I even think about making a call, the battery gauge drops 10%.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Can you post a pic of the larger battery/cover?

I'm tempted to just buy it so i can post pics of it for everyone since no one else has any good ones online. The ones on the verizon website look exactly like the stock battery and cover AND DONT show it actually on a phone.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermanwoot View Post
    I'm tempted to just buy it so i can post pics of it for everyone since no one else has any good ones online. The ones on the verizon website look exactly like the stock battery and cover AND DONT show it actually on a phone.
    I was at a VZW store this weekend looking for one. The guy suggested their deliveries happen on Monday and he is expecting some to come in...if that happens, I will snap a picture and post.

I should be getting mine this morning so I will post some pix ASAP

update: the battery is huge! The new door basically smooths out the slope under the camera lens. Not sure if my pix will convey that.. phone feels much more solid. love it!!

Edited the pics size. They were a little too big. Great pictures by the way. Definitely increased my interest in the Droid pro a bit.
    Thanked by 2:

Wow nice thanks for the pics! Doesnt look too much larger. If i keep having battery problems i'll pick one up.

I wish this phone had a charging dock so i could just put it on my desk like my bb

Sent from my DROID PRO

Can anyone with the new extended battery comment as to whether a standard case will still fit on the phone? I understand the battery flattens out the back of the phone, but I'm wondering if I'll need to buy a new phone case if I buy this battery. Thanks!

Global Posts
    3,111 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

wow, that thing looks like stock. As opposed to the Droid INc extended batteries that completely destroy the look and feel of the device.

I do not have a std case to test but based on the minimal difference in size, I am willing to bet the case would work fine
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I would think most cases would still fit. They would have to be awful snug to not fit.

The new door and battery gives the phone a nice feel, IMO.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I have the silicone case from verizon and it actually fits the phone better with the extended battery. The battery was the BEST upgrade for this I'm looking at the phone now and at 80% after 8hrs with moderate use. Original battery I would have been down around 30-40%

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

Can any of you guys please post a link on where to get this? Thanks!

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

Nevermind, found it. Thanks!

Still looking for a case for mine with the extended, any ideas let me know. I've tried:

- VZW Case/holster combo = doesn't fit
    - BodyGlove Case/Clip = fits perfectly (but screen faces out, so not my thing)
    - Silicone sleeve = different experience from shortbus, the front lips on mine don't seem to fit properly, it's loose so I'm probably going to ditch it.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ride5C2 View Post
    Still looking for a case for mine with the extended, any ideas let me know. I've tried:

- VZW Case/holster combo = doesn't fit
    - BodyGlove Case/Clip = fits perfectly (but screen faces out, so not my thing)
    - Silicone sleeve = different experience from shortbus, the front lips on mine don't seem to fit properly, it's loose so I'm probably going to ditch it.
    Wow, this really stinks, I want the battery but if no cases fit, that really changes the story....

Quote Originally Posted by pjmurphy77 View Post
    *snip*
    Those pictures are gigantic.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Picture size has been trimmed down (thanks Brett)

Guys please keep in mind the size of the photos you're uploading to the forums. I have a 22" screen and it still was a huge eyesore for me. Try your best to re-size them if they're huge. Thanks!

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

The multimedia station (charging stand) includes an adapter to fit the device with the extended battery.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast