Need Everyone's Help!!! Getting to Bootloader!

mahst687

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well now that it has officially came out... I want to ask all DPro users for a little help...

In order so a bootstrapping method can be develop or adapted so that we can enjoy backups and recovery for rooted users, we first need to find the key combo that lets the phone boot to the USB bootloader screen, similar to the one on the DX.

This usually involves holding a particular key combo when turning on the phone and since the DPro has no shortage of keys... well t may take a while to work this out.

Here's my discovery so far... using adb was able to get into the recovery console of the phone... this is the one for the droid and the exclamation point in a triangle... the "@" key brings up the menu, the volume button scrolls thru the choices and the enter key selects choices.

Now following the the combo that the DX uses, it would be holding down on the volume key and the enter button while turning on the phone..... no success....

What we can figure out is this... it probably can't be more than 2 buttons and the power button (hopefully) held at the same time.

Anyway, if you can figure it out... post your results here and if you also can post the version of the bootloader as well (30.01 or whatever)... I can then past this info on to birdman and some others to see if one of the current bootstraps whether for the DX or D2 can be adpated...

Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance