Droid Pro have video out?

PHaim

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Does the Droid Pro support video out like many other phones through the headphone jack? Can anyone who owns the thing definitively confirm this? I'm about to order one through my employer but would really like to know before I do because I can't return it.

Thanks.

jpcalhoun

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Does the Droid Pro support video out like many other phones through the headphone jack? Can anyone who owns the thing definitively confirm this? I'm about to order one through my employer but would really like to know before I do because I can't return it.

Thanks.

I don't think it does. I have had mind for a week now and I haven't discovered and read anything that elodes to that capability. My son has a Droid X and his has a HDMI port... the Pro does not.

PHaim

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
The older ipods have the capability to do video-out through the headphone jack by virture of a trrs connector. That second "r" is variously used for different things such as video, volume controls, and other functions. But one of the above posters is probably right that it's much more likely they'd build the capability into the micro-usb port than the headphone jack.

So I'll revise my question: has anyone successfully used video-out using their micro-usb ports on their phones?