Droid Pro Call Quality

jefe533

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I just bought a Droid Pro and, while I'm loving everything about the phone, the call quality is pretty poor. I'd read in certain reviews (BGR, CNET) that this was the case, and it's proving to be true.

Voices sound mildly garbled, and often if the person speaking on the other end says a monosyllabic word (such as "yes" or "no") to a question, it won't come through at all.

Have other people been experiencing this?

My question is whether this is a hardware problem or a software problem. If it's a hardware problem (i.e., they made a bad speaker), I'll have to return the phone.

But my sense is that it's a software problem. It seems like there's a noise cancellation algorithm (like an EQ or something) filtering the incoming call and attempting to suppress the background noise. Hence the overall digitized sound, as well as the monosyllabic drops (the software doesn't register it as speech since it's so short).

If it is a software issue, I wonder if Motorola might address this in a future firmware update.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

pjmurphy77#WP

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I am on my 2nd DroidPro.. The first one's speaker was bad.. every word the caller would say "vibrated" , like an electronic echo. I swapped it and now it is fine. The only issue I have is when I put the phone on my shoulder (while typing or something) the caller says my voice is VERY garbled.

reykjavik

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thats strange because Ive been finding it to be the best call quality in a phone I've ever had. It sounds crystal clear to me.

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
This is a weird subject with this phone. I have been reading a lot of reviews. Some say that their call quality was great. Some say it was terrible. Some say it was mediocre.

Then you come on these forums and read everyone having completely different opinions.

bwhite757

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Yep there are plenty of reports on other forums saying that a replacement fixed their problems. Swap it out and see what happens. It's a warranty replacement, doesn't hurt to try...

BTW no complaints with call quality on mine.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store to try out the Droid Pro. The call quality sounded good. Nothing to complain about, especially nothing that I have been hearing from various reviewers.