Signal Strength

jpcalhoun

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Pro for over a week. I've noticed that when the phone is held upright it get 3-4 bars and 3G. However, when I lay the phone down flat on a surface (like a table) in exactly the same location the signal strength is almost non-existent. Has anyone else noticed the same thing? I'm on Verizon...not that it makes a difference.

jscher2000

May 16, 2010
www.androidwtf.com
The antenna is behind the keyboard. Judging from the RF Exposure report (SAR test), radio signal through the front of the device is considerably weaker (1.18 from rear vs. 0.53 from front in body test, FCC Link). But the composition of the table might matter, too.

jpcalhoun

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I considered that, but the table is made of wood...don't think that would effect it one way or the other. I didn't know the antenna was behind the keyboard. Since I hold the phone kinda on the bottom perhaps that has an impact...I become part of the antenna.

google123

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I noticed today that even when showing 3 or 4 bars and 3G, I'm getting network errors when browsing the market. Not sure if its the market or the phone. Also downloads on market this evening have been dog slow.

bwhite757

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The Fascinate's reception is horrible. That's the reason I got rid of it.

Reception on my DPro is great, probably the best phone I've had. If you're having issues I would definitely try a *228 and update roaming...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk