1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Default Anyone switch from DInc to DPro?

I have a DInc and am enjoying it, but find I desperately miss my QWERTY keyboard after having a BB. Anybody out there make the switch? How do you like it? I'm a little fearful of MotoBlur because HTC Sense is so nice.

I had a DInc since May and made the switch to the DPro on November 19th. I loved and still love the DInc, but I missed the QWERTY keyboard too. And the DPro has not disappointed me. I'm not a fan of MotoBlur either, but I used LauncherPro on my DInc and also on my DPro, so that took care of that. The only thing that was a concern of mine was the lower resolution screen. But I've gotten use to it and unless you constantly compare them side by side, you won't even notice. The DPro screen can go very bright. I think that brightness helps to compensate for its lower resolution. I don't know if its because of the lower resolution screen or not, but the DPro feels more responsive than the DInc. Pretty much all of the 150+ apps that I had on my DInc also run on my DPro. I'm rooted also.
    The QWERTY keyboard is easy to type on and you get all those quick launch shortcuts at your finger tips!!!

I also switched from The DInc and so far I really like the DPro. I have never been a good touchscreen typist since my days with the LG Dare. I was hoping the Droid was going to be the phone but they flat, stiff keyboard was horrible. Got the DInc when it was released but again I've been wanting a physical keyboard. I saw the DPro and the Merge rumors and held out to see which would be released first.

Like a lot of people, i am having push problems with corp email using the default email app. I'm using Touchdown to get around that but would prefer the default email app if it worked right. I think they will get this fixed like they did with the X when it was first released.

The screen size is not a drawback. I only play an occasional game and use it mostly for reading news, email, etc.

My DInc was starting to get a little laggy with all of the apps i had on it. Paired it down on my DPro but with the same set up the DPro is definitely snappier. I'm using Launcher Pro without any FC issues or lag. I still have my DInc and it's connected to wifi so it's still active and the lag is noticeable using them back to back. A factory reset might solve it but not worth the trouble.

I'm using Launcher Pro without any FC issues or lag.

The battery lasts longer than the DInc with the Seidio 1750mah extended slim battery.

I also rooted my DPro using Z4ROOT and I have only installed wireless tether, shootme, and changed my font with no affect on performance.

With all of that being said the DInc is still my fave phone and I've had the Droid, Eris, and X and kept the DInc but don't think I'll go back to it because of the lack of the physical keyboard.

If you can live without the keyboard for a little longer, keep the DInc. Hold out for the HTC Merge so you have a second option plus it has Sense. I think HTC makes a very nice phone otherwise i dont think you will go wrong with the DPro.

Quote Originally Posted by MNG708 View Post
    I had a DInc since May and made the switch to the DPro on November 19th. I loved and still love the DInc, but I missed the QWERTY keyboard too. And the DPro has not disappointed me. I'm not a fan of MotoBlur either, but I used LauncherPro on my DInc and also on my DPro, so that took care of that. The only thing that was a concern of mine was the lower resolution screen. But I've gotten use to it and unless you constantly compare them side by side, you won't even notice. The DPro screen can go very bright. I think that brightness helps to compensate for its lower resolution. I don't know if its because of the lower resolution screen or not, but the DPro feels more responsive than the DInc. Pretty much all of the 150+ apps that I had on my DInc also run on my DPro. I'm rooted also.
    The QWERTY keyboard is easy to type on and you get all those quick launch shortcuts at your finger tips!!!

I came from the DInc for the same reasons you all did....The physical keyboard. You can definitely tell a difference in the screen resolution, but after a while you won't even notice it. The smaller screen is not a problem for me either. I user Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher because MotoBlur is just not as customizable *shrugs* Hope this helps

I purchased the Pro for the same reason. I was torn between my Bold and my Dinc, but with the introduction of the Pro, I decided to sell the other two.

I wanted all the Android Apps as well as the Blackberry Keyboard. The Pro is everything I have ever wanted in a device.

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

My Inc is running flawlessly, yet I can't help but want the Droid Pro. Sometimes I feel like I'm finally getting used to touch typing, but most of the time I find myself grunting under my breath when I'm just not typing well that day. If I had an upgrade, I'd get it today.